Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.chem
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default What does chlorine do to a septic system?

On 9/4/2019 3:04 PM, Arlen G. Holder wrote:
On Wed, 04 Sep 2019 16:20:18 -0400, micky wrote:

What does your grass look like near the finger system?

This is California where there is no rain for 10 months of the year, and
then the monsoon season for the other two months - hence - the grass is
green in winter everywhere - and brown in summer - everywhere - septic or
no septic.

Besides, how DEEP is the septic system anyway?

They're all on hills so they flow downward but aren't they too deep to
affect the grass anyway?

Ask the septic tank cleaner next time he comes if he saw anything, or if
he knows anything about this. Better yet, call the company now and ask
them. They won't charge extra if you make this admission, will they?
Maybe call from a pay phone so they won't know it's you.

I've been here for over two decades and never once needed the septic system
pumped out so I don't have a 'septic cleaner' guy.

How do you know you never needed it? Aren't you at risk of a trashed
septic system if you don't have it checked once in a while?