Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_9_] Ian Jackson[_9_] is offline

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

In message ,
writes
On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 7:47:15 PM UTC+1, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:44, Brian Reay wrote:
Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.

Are you suggesting that the government should ignore minority groups?

As somone who IS Jewish and celebrates Sukkot, I don't expect someone
making a decision in a rush to consider 0.4% of the population. I do
expect that when their error is pointed out to them they correct it,
and not say "it's done and dusted, can't be changed". And that's
exactly what has happened - it's been moved to the 15th. That still
only gives observant Jews a couple of hours to get their votes in which
is still going to be a pain in the neck in some cases but it makes it
possible for most of them to note without relying on a postal vote (and
expecting some constituencies suddenly to cope with 1000s of extra
postal votes at short notice).

I don't see a problem with the way things panned out.

Don't certain constituencies already have 1000s of postal votes?
--
Ian