Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BT internet in trouble...

On 04/09/2019 12:24, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... brought next idea :
Keep getting calls from a paki or indian call centre from a george
smith or
james patterson etc regarding my "BT internet being in big
trouble".......I
tell them to feck off as I am with Virgin....does anybody know what
the scam
is?......

They will likely offer to get you to install something so they can take
control of your system and keylog, to steal all your banking passwords.

Feck Off is the correct way to deal with them..

You should play them for a while if you have the time to spare - at
least that way they are not using their script on someone who might fall
for it. I generally tell them I will go and get "Fred" who knows more
about computers and leave the phone off hook whilst I continue to work.

Sometimes I get a really irate second call before I block their number.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown