Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

"NY" wrote in message
"Norman Wells" wrote in message
On 04/09/2019 08:59, Spike wrote:

We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

It is a bit weak and watery, isn't it? Oh yes, we want an election,
we're ready, bring it on. Oh, you mean *now*? Well, we didn't mean that
exactly, er, obviously. We're not doing too well in the polls, and
weren't expecting one for quite a time yet, and we're not really ready.
Yes, of course we'll do whatever it takes to rid the country of this
dangerous government as soon as possible. It's absolutely necessary.
We're the next government and can't wait to lead the country as it should
be led.

I think Corbyn is hoping that he will become PM by default if there is a
vote of no confidence in Boris and the government. That way he won't have
to face a general election for some time - maybe until the current fixed
term expires.

To my mind, this concept of the *opposition* leader being made the
caretaker PM is utterly abhorrent. He and the Labour party came *second*,
so they should never have any chance of becoming PM/government - except
through a general election. I'd like to see a vote of no confidence
trigger an automatic general election, once the present government has
done what it can to win back parliament's confidence, and failed to do so.

I'm waiting to see how long Corbyn lasts, and how long it takes the Labour
party to realise that the only way for them to win a general election is
to replace him with a more right-wing, Blair-like leader with matching
policies.

Cant see they having enough of a clue to have another Blair again, or
there being another Blair again either. That doesnt happen more than
once, just like there is only ever the one Thatcher or Churchill either.