Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

On 03/09/2019 19:19, Keema's Nan wrote:
On 3 Sep 2019, Stephen Cole wrote

So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. Its going
to be great! Goodbye Brexit! :-D

Goodbye any thin veneer of democracy.

The people voted for Brexit, but the Establishment didnt want that.

At least now the electorate are finding out before they have to vote (if they
can be bothered) ever again.

We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

--
Spike
Posted to uk.radio.amateur, uk.politics.misc, uk.d-i-y, uk.legal

On 4 Sep 2019, Spike wrote
(in article ):

On 03/09/2019 19:19, Keema's Nan wrote:
On 3 Sep 2019, Stephen Cole wrote

So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. Its
going
to be great! Goodbye Brexit! :-D

Goodbye any thin veneer of democracy.

The people voted for Brexit, but the Establishment didnt want that.

At least now the electorate are finding out before they have to vote (if
they
can be bothered) ever again.

We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boriss
trap.

They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it will
not get them out of the trap.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 08:59, Spike wrote:

We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

It is a bit weak and watery, isn't it? Oh yes, we want an election,
we're ready, bring it on. Oh, you mean *now*? Well, we didn't mean
that exactly, er, obviously. We're not doing too well in the polls, and
weren't expecting one for quite a time yet, and we're not really ready.
Yes, of course we'll do whatever it takes to rid the country of this
dangerous government as soon as possible. It's absolutely necessary.
We're the next government and can't wait to lead the country as it
should be led.

Can you get back to us on that one please?

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 08:59, Spike wrote:
On 03/09/2019 19:19, Keema's Nan wrote:
On 3 Sep 2019, Stephen Cole wrote

So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. Its going
to be great! Goodbye Brexit! :-D

Goodbye any thin veneer of democracy.

The people voted for Brexit, but the Establishment didnt want that.

At least now the electorate are finding out before they have to vote (if they
can be bothered) ever again.

We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

A small scorpion like being, with nothing to base a life on except spite.

Oh! Jeremy Corbyn!

Even the snowflakes have moved on.

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Norman Wells wrote:

On 04/09/2019 08:59, Spike wrote:

We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

It is a bit weak and watery, isn't it? Oh yes, we want an election,
we're ready, bring it on. Oh, you mean *now*? Well, we didn't mean
that exactly, er, obviously. We're not doing too well in the polls, and
weren't expecting one for quite a time yet, and we're not really ready.
Yes, of course we'll do whatever it takes to rid the country of this
dangerous government as soon as possible. It's absolutely necessary.
We're the next government and can't wait to lead the country as it
should be led.

Can you get back to us on that one please?

Perhaps Corbyn thinks that preventing no-deal Brexit is more important
than becoming PM. Boris could easily change the date of the election
to November, after Brexit. So just be patient a week unilt the No Deal
Act is law and I'm sure we'll be glad to arrange a general election.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
On 04/09/2019 08:59, Spike wrote:

We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

It is a bit weak and watery, isn't it? Oh yes, we want an election, we're
ready, bring it on. Oh, you mean *now*? Well, we didn't mean that
exactly, er, obviously. We're not doing too well in the polls, and
weren't expecting one for quite a time yet, and we're not really ready.
Yes, of course we'll do whatever it takes to rid the country of this
dangerous government as soon as possible. It's absolutely necessary.
We're the next government and can't wait to lead the country as it should
be led.

I think Corbyn is hoping that he will become PM by default if there is a
vote of no confidence in Boris and the government. That way he won't have to
face a general election for some time - maybe until the current fixed term
expires.

To my mind, this concept of the *opposition* leader being made the caretaker
PM is utterly abhorrent. He and the Labour party came *second*, so they
should never have any chance of becoming PM/government - except through a
general election. I'd like to see a vote of no confidence trigger an
automatic general election, once the present government has done what it can
to win back parliament's confidence, and failed to do so.

I'm waiting to see how long Corbyn lasts, and how long it takes the Labour
party to realise that the only way for them to win a general election is to
replace him with a more right-wing, Blair-like leader with matching
policies.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur, uk.politics.misc, uk.d-i-y, uk.legal

On 4 Sep 2019, Roger Hayter wrote
(in article ):

Norman Wells wrote:

[...]

Spiders are not nicknamed Boris for no reason.

They lure the innocent unwary into their webs, and by the time they realise
what has happened it is too late.....

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 10:40, Roger Hayter wrote:
Norman Wells wrote:

[...]

By which time Labour will have staged a remarkable recovery in the polls
from the 20% or so it languishes at at the moment, will it?

Seems a bit risky to me.

Maybe Corbyn will have to find another excuse not to get rid of this
dangerous government he despises so much.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 10:42, NY wrote:
[...]

It doesn't work like that. If there's a vote of no confidence, and that
passes, there has to be another vote within 14 days reversing that or
there has to be a general election. Boris would be under no obligation
to resign after the first vote. He's fully entitled to stay on and try
to get it reversed. And while there's no vacancy as Prime Minister,
no-one else can be appointed.

It's pie-in-the-sky to think Corbyn could become Prime Minister by
default, even if all the opposition parties and the Tory rebels united
behind him, which of course they won't.

To my mind, this concept of the *opposition* leader being made the
caretaker PM is utterly abhorrent. He and the Labour party came
*second*, so they should never have any chance of becoming PM/government
- except through a general election. I'd like to see a vote of no
confidence trigger an automatic general election, once the present
government has done what it can to win back parliament's confidence, and
failed to do so.

But a vote of no confidence would have to be triggered by Labour, and
they've backed away from that this week because they really, really
don't want a general election in which they would lose a lot of seats.
That's the reason they've decided rather pathetically for an opposition
not even to support a call for an early general election. Whatever
their excuses, they're actually running scared.

I'm waiting to see how long Corbyn lasts, and how long it takes the
Labour party to realise that the only way for them to win a general
election is to replace him with a more right-wing, Blair-like leader
with matching policies.

With the £3 Trots in control of who is leader, he's likely to be in post
for some considerable time, for good or bad.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In article .com,
Keema's Nan wrote:
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boriss
trap.

Which desert is your head buried in?

They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it
will not get them out of the trap.

Meaning it is actually Cummings who controls things?
Very apt for you Brexiteers.

--
*IF ONE SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMER DROWNS, DO THE REST DROWN TOO?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In article ,
Norman Wells wrote:
Maybe Corbyn will have to find another excuse not to get rid of this
dangerous government he despises so much.

Which means you must approve of them?

Good to know there is one, at least.

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"NY" wrote in message
[...]

Cant see they having enough of a clue to have another Blair again, or
there being another Blair again either. That doesnt happen more than
once, just like there is only ever the one Thatcher or Churchill either.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 20:26:05 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Cant see they having enough of a clue to have another Blair again, or
there being another Blair again either. That doesnt happen more than
once, just like there is only ever the one Thatcher or Churchill either.

LOL You just HAVE to auto-contradict, you senile trolling Australian
asshole! It's certainly one of the main reasons why you became a forsaken
senile cretin in real life and why you NEED to troll on Usenet!

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article .com,
Keema's Nan wrote:
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boriss
trap.

Which desert is your head buried in?

They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it
will not get them out of the trap.

Meaning it is actually Cummings who controls things?
Very apt for you Brexiteers.

Are you implying that there is person making decisions on behalf of this
country who is unelected and can't be got rid of? Isn't this where we
started?

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.radio.amateur, uk.politics.misc, uk.d-i-y, uk.legal

On 4 Sep 2019, Dave Plowman (News) wrote
(in article ):

In iganews.com,
Keema's Nan wrote:
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boriss
trap.

Which desert is your head buried in?

The one called 'UK Parliament logical and adult decisions'.

They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it
will not get them out of the trap.

Meaning it is actually Cummings who controls things?
Very apt for you Brexiteers.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Keema's Nan wrote:
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boriss
trap.

Which desert is your head buried in?

The one called 'UK Parliament logical and adult decisions'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49551893

The UK parliament is doing what the majority say they want.

To do anything else is undemocratic.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"Keema's Nan" wrote in message
news.com...
..

Spiders are not nicknamed Boris for no reason.

quote

"Boris the Spider" (1966) was written after Entwistle had been out drinking
with the Rolling Stones' bass guitarist, Bill Wyman. They were making up funny
names for animals when Entwistle came up with "Boris the Spider".

/quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_the_Spider

michael adams

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
On 04/09/2019 08:59, Spike wrote:

We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

It is a bit weak and watery, isn't it? Oh yes, we want an election, we're
ready, bring it on. Oh, you mean *now*? Well, we didn't mean that
exactly, er, obviously. We're not doing too well in the polls, and
weren't expecting one for quite a time yet, and we're not really ready.
Yes, of course we'll do whatever it takes to rid the country of this
dangerous government as soon as possible. It's absolutely necessary.
We're the next government and can't wait to lead the country as it should
be led.

come on Norman

you know as well as anyone that such brickbats will be forgotten in a couple
of month's time, when they agree to an election (after the leaving date has
been extended, or whatever)

tim

Can you get back to us on that one please?

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

news.com...

Norman Wells wrote:

[...]

except that they are not :-)

tim

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Norman Wells wrote:

[...]

Nonsense.

Corbyn knows he will be toast in an election and is too cowardly to risk
agreeing to one.

Boris has will not only secure Brexit but ensure Labour is unelectable
for at least a decade.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 12:56, tim... wrote:

[...]

Corbyn reminds me of St Augustine;

"Lord, make me chaste - but not yet'.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur, uk.politics.misc, uk.d-i-y, uk.legal

On 4 Sep 2019, Norman Wells wrote
(in article ):

On 04/09/2019 12:56, tim... wrote:

[...]

That, and Lord make me PM - but without any kind of party majority.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Spike wrote:
On 03/09/2019 19:19, Keema's Nan wrote:
On 3 Sep 2019, Stephen Cole wrote

So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. Its going
to be great! Goodbye Brexit! :-D

Goodbye any thin veneer of democracy.

The people voted for Brexit, but the Establishment didnt want that.

At least now the electorate are finding out before they have to vote (if they
can be bothered) ever again.

We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

Well make no deal illegal first, Burt, then acquiesce to an election when
it suits us. HTH, OM, YFI.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

Norman Wells wrote:

[...]

Labour landslide before Christmas, OM.

You shouldnt be this ****ed up so early in the day, Brian.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.legal,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Pamela wrote:
On 10:42 4 Sep 2019, MM wrote:

On Wed, 04 Sep 2019 09:13:21 +0100, Keema's Nan
wrote:

On 4 Sep 2019, Spike wrote
(in article ):

On 03/09/2019 19:19, Keema's Nan wrote:
On 3 Sep 2019, Stephen Cole wrote

So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite
the spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and
crushed. Its going
to be great! Goodbye Brexit! :-D

Goodbye any thin veneer of democracy.

The people voted for Brexit, but the Establishment didnt want that.

At least now the electorate are finding out before they have to vote
(if they
can be bothered) ever again.

We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long.
It's quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and
crushed.

Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boriss
trap.

On the contrary, they have seen the trap and are navigating around it
by not supporting Johnson's call for a general election. Without a 2/3
majority Johnson cannot have a general election.

They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it
will not get them out of the trap.

They are in no trap. They saw the trap way ahead of today's vote and
are avoiding it.

MM

Corbyn's no mug. He's forcing Boris to clean up his own mess.

Corbyns into his fourth decade of Parliament and his fifth or sixth decade
of campaigning Leftist politics. JC knows how to play the game, certainly
much better than any Eton slob born with a silver spoon in their mouth
might.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

* Keema's Nan wrote:
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long.
It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.

Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boriss
trap.

Which desert is your head buried in?

They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it
will not get them out of the trap.

Meaning it is actually Cummings who controls things?
Very apt for you Brexiteers.

Are you implying that there is person making decisions on behalf of this
country who is unelected and can't be got rid of? Isn't this where we
started?

Of course it is not.

All countries havce civil servants who are unelected and make decisions,
but in Britain thay are answerable to ministers, and those ministers are
answerable to the public via the electoral process.

Not so in the EU.

It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...

--
There is nothing a fleet of dispatchable nuclear power plants cannot do
that cannot be done worse and more expensively and with higher carbon
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Norman Wells wrote:

[...]

Nobody would be stupid enough to let boris off the hook by letting him
call and election. This would effectively stop any work on democracy and
getting the deal the vast majority want.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...

Because unlike Jeremy Corbyn he's appeared on "Have I Got News For You"
six times, and "Top Gear" twice.

Which obviously makes him far better Prime Ministerial material.

In fact the only way he could have proved himself even more suitable
would be if he'd hosted a few series of "The Apprentice" as well.

Next question ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...

The actual answer...

If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)

As it is, his position is falling away as a result of withdrawing the
whip from the rebels who are either going to vote against him, or abstain.

Why should Corbyn want to help him out at this point ?

The penny possibly dropped as he was facing Corbyn across the
dispatch box and was reduced I believe, to calling him a big girl's blouse.

Anyway, thank you for your question.

michael adams

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
* Keema's Nan wrote:
[...]

I thought you would rise to that:-)

It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...

The pundits say he has choice of date and could make it after the 31st.

Interesting to see if the Lords talk out the delay bill.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In article ,
michael adams mjadams25@ukonline wrote:

It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...

The actual answer...

If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)

and these current MPS might stand as Independents, so splitting the Tory
vote.

As it is, his position is falling away as a result of withdrawing the
whip from the rebels who are either going to vote against him, or abstain.

Why should Corbyn want to help him out at this point ?

The penny possibly dropped as he was facing Corbyn across the dispatch
box and was reduced I believe, to calling him a big girl's blouse.

Anyway, thank you for your question.

michael adams

from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 17:44, michael adams wrote:

It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...

The actual answer...

If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)

As it is, his position is falling away as a result of withdrawing the
whip from the rebels who are either going to vote against him, or abstain.

Why should Corbyn want to help him out at this point ?

The penny possibly dropped as he was facing Corbyn across the
dispatch box and was reduced I believe, to calling him a big girl's blouse.

Anyway, thank you for your question.

So you admit that the popular mandate in the country is with Boris?
And leaving?
Without a deal?
So why not have a 'peoples vote' on it?

michael adams

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 18:13, charles wrote:
In article ,
michael adams mjadams25@ukonline wrote:

It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...

The actual answer...

If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)

and these current MPS might stand as Independents, so splitting the Tory
vote.

Do you REALLY think any of them will even retain their deposit outside
the Party?

They wouldnt split the tory vote, they would split the lib dem vote.,

Now a one issue 'remain' protest party.

--
A leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
We did this ourselves.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Corbyn knows he will be toast in an election and is too cowardly to risk
agreeing to one.

Labour landslide before Christmas, OM.

I doubt there will be a landslide for any party next time round. Look
forward to coalitions for years to come.

--
*Sometimes I wake up grumpy; Other times I let him sleep.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 04/09/2019 18:13, charles wrote:
In article , michael
adams mjadams25@ukonline wrote:

It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election. I
wonder why...

The actual answer...

If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel
Tories and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus
maintaining or increasing his majority (so he hopes)

and these current MPS might stand as Independents, so splitting the
Tory vote.

Do you REALLY think any of them will even retain their deposit outside
the Party?

The Guildford MP, one of the 'rebels', was reflecting the opinions of her
constituents - who voted 'remain'. She might do very well on her own.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
michael adams mjadams25@ukonline wrote:

It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...

The actual answer...

If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)

and these current MPS might stand as Independents, so splitting the Tory
vote.

That's probably why he's in such a hurry. Getting organised
to fight an election as an independent takes some doing and
also money. Its the sort of detail the agent will have taken
care of previously, getting leaflets printed, arranging
canvassing. Independants like Frank Field were threatening
to jump ship for years and so will probably already
have made plenty of preparations.
Rory Stewart was on the TV insisting he's still a
Conservative and maybe some of the others as well.
For some of them standing against the official candidites
would probably destroy any hopes of their being
re-admitted into the Party under a new leader as maybe
they hope will happen.

Interesting times.

michael adams

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 18:13, charles wrote:
In article ,
*** michael adams mjadams25@ukonline wrote:

It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...

The actual answer...

If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel
Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus
maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)

and these current MPS might stand as Independents, so splitting the Tory
vote.

Do you REALLY think any of them will even retain their deposit outside
the Party?

They wouldnt split the tory vote, they would split the lib dem vote.,

Now a one issue 'remain' protest party.

They aren't remain, they are the population wants a deal.

Its democracy in action.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

[...]

Stop making stuff up.
Most of the population want a deal including those that voted leave.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur, uk.politics.misc, uk.d-i-y, uk.legal

On 4 Sep 2019, dennis@home wrote
(in article ):

"The Natural wrote in message

[...]

When people say most of the population they usually mean their mummy,
daddy, big sister (who they spy on in their bedroom), and the dog.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 17:44, michael adams wrote:

It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...

The actual answer...

If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)

As it is, his position is falling away as a result of withdrawing the
whip from the rebels who are either going to vote against him, or abstain.

Why should Corbyn want to help him out at this point ?

The penny possibly dropped as he was facing Corbyn across the
dispatch box and was reduced I believe, to calling him a big girl's blouse.

Anyway, thank you for your question.

So you admit that the popular mandate in the country is with Boris?

Er no. What makes yoyu say that ? I'm not even sure what you mean by the
popular mandate in this context.

And leaving?
Without a deal?
So why not have a 'peoples vote' on it?

Have another referendum ?

There's another twenty posts worth of trollinhg on that one.

michael adams