Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default How to DIY "My own website"

On 03/09/2019 16:36, RJH wrote:

Ah, good. I do have a NAS, which is on pretty much all the time anyway.
I wasn't sure how it would work, though, and assumed some latency/lag as
pages loaded. Yours is pretty snappy.

Depending on what nas it is, it might even have a web server capability
available out of the box (or available from a quick download on its apps
page). Then its just a case of telling it to create a site, sticking the
pages in the right folder, and creating a forward though the router to
allow the outside world to see it.

(having said that, basic hosting packages come setup and cheap, and
don't require the outside world get anywhere near your personal store of
files).

--
Cheers,

John.