Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default How to DIY "My own website"

On 02/09/2019 21:25, Mathew Newton wrote:
On Monday, 2 September 2019 16:22:38 UTC+1, Another John wrote:
Usual story: looking for the voice of experience, rather than the legion
voices of Google ...

We had a friend, who had a great website (logging how he had a new house
built (from Finland) in c.2000). Unfortunately he died a couple of years
ago, and now his website has died. Every now and again, someone would
like to view his site.

I have the complete site in the form of HTML and JPG files, and I'd like
to make it available across the web again.

I'd be happy to host it (for free) alongside my own site (www.newtonnet.co.uk) that covers a previous house renovation of mine. Whilst it only sits on a server in my house I take pride in keeping it (and the other sites and email hosting for friends and family) up-and-running which has been the case since 2002 with only a few hours downtime here and there.

As an aside, what do you use to 'store' that site - a NAS? And editing
software - looks simple/effective :-)

Thinking of doing the same myself, so long as the learning curve isn't
too steep . . .

--
Cheers, Rob