Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Wade[_2_] David Wade[_2_] is offline

Default How to DIY "My own website"

On 02/09/2019 16:22, Another John wrote:
Usual story: looking for the voice of experience, rather than the legion
voices of Google ...

We had a friend, who had a great website (logging how he had a new house
built (from Finland) in c.2000). Unfortunately he died a couple of years
ago, and now his website has died. Every now and again, someone would
like to view his site.

I have the complete site in the form of HTML and JPG files, and I'd like
to make it available across the web again.

I'm thinking I might load it up myself. I already have Google blogs of
my own, but this isn't a blog, as such: it's a finished article.

So maybe I need my own website. Or what?

I'm not a real techie, and don't want to get involved in the nitty
gritty of coding.

I've heard of Google Sites -- maybe use that? I'm wondering what the
hidden trade-offs might be. And I don't want to *build* a site, I just
want to upload 70-odd megs of files and jpgs, in one go.

Any opinions, anyone?

Cheers
John

Have you checked it isn't already archived in the wayback machive at
archive.org?