Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default How to DIY "My own website"

You also need to be careful of where he hosted it before. Some providers
claim copyright over your work, and need permission to move it. I guess they
do this to discourage people finding a better host, and as the person is no
longer with us and the site has lapsed I doubt this is relevant.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Monday, 2 September 2019 16:22:38 UTC+1, Another John wrote:
We had a friend, who had a great website (logging how he had a new house
built (from Finland) in c.2000). Unfortunately he died a couple of years
ago, and now his website has died. Every now and again, someone would
like to view his site.
I have the complete site in the form of HTML and JPG files, and I'd like
to make it available across the web again.

If it's still in static HTML files you need a traditional web host with FTP
access, then just upload everything.

Start from about £3 a month.

https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

Owain