Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Flushing / cleaning a radiator

On 02/09/2019 16:50, Andrew wrote:
On 01/09/2019 12:00, Lee Nowell wrote:
Hi All

I have a radiator which has a load of gung in it. I have taken it off
and wanted to clean it before putting it back into operation.Â* What's
the best thing to flush it all out with. Assume a hose will get most
out but what will clean the rest out?

Thanks

Lee.

Take it outside, mount upside down a in workmate, tilting
down at one end and blast it with the hose pipe until it
runs clean.

You also also part fill it and rock back and forth so the
internal wave action scours the internal walls.

You could then stick some bungs in the exi hole and fill up
with a weak acid of some sort to loosen any remaining
crud.

Then dry it with a wet-n-dry bvac in blow mode. After a
few minutes the air being blown will be quite hot if it
is an older powerful motor variant.