Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default External insulation

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 3:05:28 PM UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Why can't they just move gas supply pipes in external insulation projects
rather than just boxing them in vented ducts...looks pathetic and
cheap...even seen them do it with rainwater downpipes.....

Round here I've seen cutouts around gate fixings, downpipes as you say, even a sign on the wall. If I was having it done, I'd probably come up with a solution that the insulation company could work with - e.g. standoffs for gate fixings, remove downpipes and fit back later, etc.

I suppose you need some type of hollow wall anchors to fix over ...

Simon.