Andy Hall

Default C/H - Combi, condensing or conventional?

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 14:55:00 GMT, Mark Trotman
wrote:

Christian McArdle wrote:

So, you need to answer the following questions:

1. How many baths and showers do you have?

1 bath, 3 showers

If these are run concurrently you would have a high demand on the
system.

2. How many people live in the house?

5

This suggests concurrent use or will do as time goes on.

3. Does anyone prefer baths to showers?

Yes, I prefer a bath, the wife, a shower. The kids prefer neither ;-)

They will when they are teenagers.

4. What is the maximum flow rate at your kitchen sink? (use a bucket and
stopwatch to measure).

150 galls/hr

I make this about 11.4 litres/minute. (there being 4.55 litres to an
imperial gallon).

You really need at least twice that for any mains driven system or the
results are going to be disappointing. You may need to consider
getting the service pipe upgraded from the road.

5. How happy were you with your old system when it worked? (I presume it was
probably a gravity hot water cylinder fed by gravity circulated water from
the back boiler).

I wasn't. Cold rads, and it took a long time for hot water to reach the
kitchen.

Thanks for all the info!

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl