Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Flushing / cleaning a radiator

On 01/09/2019 12:00, Lee Nowell wrote:
Hi All

I have a radiator which has a load of gung in it. I have taken it off and wanted to clean it before putting it back into operation. What's the best thing to flush it all out with. Assume a hose will get most out but what will clean the rest out?

I've managed to get a lot of crude out just using a garden hose
connected to an outside tap. Block off one of the ports and fill using
the other. When full remove the blockage on the port and allow the water
to run out and then allow to _fully_ empty. Repeat using the reverse
flow. Turn the radiator upside down and repeat. Continue many times
until the water always runs clear. When power flushing in the
"professionals" will hammer/vibrate the radiator to dislodge the crud.
You can improvise this action.

https://youtu.be/T6HwjWpPNlw?t=269