Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Mortarfied

George Miles wrote:

In 10 years time when the wall is demolished
it will be harder to recycle the mix of glue and brick.

That doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Did you wet the bricks and wall before cementing?

I did.

Did you use small amounts of readymix from B&Q, travis etc?

I used Hansen "Sand Cement Mortar" (to quote the bag) which I think came
from Wickes. According to the label, "A portion of the cement... has been
replaced with Regen ground granulated blast furnace slag". I've no idea
why, or what effect, if any, that will have had on its effectiveness.