Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default MR16 lamps

On Saturday, 31 August 2019 09:29:13 UTC+1, John wrote:
I have a light fitting - bars with slidable lampholders - powered from a
circular transformer.Torroidal?

I changed one halogen for a LED. Can I continue to change all 4 - or will
this cause problems due the reduced load on the transformer?

The toroidal output voltage will rise a bit if they're all changed. That will affect LED life expectancy to some degree - it's still going to be cheaper to run than halogens though. You may want to avoid cheapskate on the edge lamps, they would be harder hit.

NT