Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Uninterruptible power supplies

On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 09:27:56 +0100, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

snip

Now, if the UPS software was called 'BALL' or 'BOLOX' then *maybe*
your 'joke' would have actually been funny (again, only to under 5's
possibly). weg

oh dear

It is hard to see how people who believe themselves to be empathic can
be so obsessively rigid and intolerant in their thinking.

I think you would have to actually consider the bigger picture(s)
before you could reach that conclusion Roger [1].

Let's review what happened in this case ...

I was having a serious discussion with the grown-ups g and NT jumped
in with his 'joke'.

I missed that it was a joke (for reasons explained previously) and
(we) continued with the serious discussion.

Then NT jumped back in because he was 'upset' (?) because I had missed
the fact that is was supposed to be 'humour' ...

"I take it you completely missed the moment of mild humour.
Rest snipped"

And when I explained I had missed it because I didn't find such levels
of humour ('mild' in his own words) funny, to the point where I might
miss it as such, he then goes on to accuse me of some sort of egotism,
in spite of the fact I'd acknowledged I'd missed it as humour from the
beginning?

And when he had first replied with the 'joke' I missed, I asked him
how he would do it and carefully explained how it could be used.

So, as is often the case we have cause and effect and which of us had
taken the subject off topic and then had the audacity to suggest he'd
only carry on if brought back on to d-i-y, especially when every one
of my replies contained smilies to indicate how 'light hearted' *I*
was being?

In the middle of a serious / useful discussion about UPS's:

You wrote: "NUT is less painless."

NT: "sounds like a pain in the ...."

A pain in the nut to me? [2]

ROTFL ..... Bwhahahahaha ....!!! weg

Oh NT, you crack me up .... rolls eyes

Better Roger? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[2] I didn't realise NT suffered with
monorchism? (Oh how we all laughed again ...) ;-)

[1] For nearly every other instance you might think you have found of
my 'intolerance' is more likely to be a balance of who might have a
right to impart themselves on someone else in a negative way. Like
smokers do to non smokers, cat owners do to non cat owners or a
minority of the electorate who can decide the future for the majority.
It is *they* who are demonstrating a lack of consideration and empathy
to others, not those forced to put up with it.