Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Connect downpipe to flush mechanism

wrote:

I don't think this is doable but I said I'd ask. Old flush high level
mechanism was replaced with new one, and the new one is crap in
comparison, it keeps sticking & I've not found any reason why, it's A1 ok
when out of the cistern. He wants the old one back if possible.

The old one the fixing nut was jammed on, had to angle grind it off, so
there are 2 problems. 1. The projecting threaded brass is too short -
thre's a lot of thread but the plastic cistern is very deep at that point.
So I doubt it's fixinnable 2. I don't see how to connect the downpipe to
it Non-problems: 3. the cut off end is rough, but that can be tidied up

Is there some way to connect the downpipe?

NT

If there is a few mm of brass thread showing you could use a female BSP
to solvent weld adapter, easily available, to double as connection and
backnut. If there is no thread showing, is the cistern thick part wide
enough to counterbore it at about 3" diameter? Not sure how, a
router??
--

Roger Hayter