Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default We need to ban police cars

On 8/29/2019 12:49 PM, T wrote:
On 8/28/19 5:39 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 8/28/2019 12:09 PM, T wrote:
On 8/28/19 11:16 AM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
On 8/28/2019 1:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
Funny, how these right wing wacko terrorists are so fond of
previously illegal weapons of war. Back then, we didn't have
anywhere near a bad of atrocities. What could have changed that?

Ted Kennedy's Oldsmobile killed more people than all my guns put
together.Â* Why is that?

I placed my gun on my table and stared at it for hours.Â* Although
quite handsome in its own right, it just sat there and did
nothing.Â* Go figure...

It is only weapons that can be used for insurrection that they
want to ban.Â* They could give a s*** about instruments that
can be used for murder.

The constitution clearly states that one of the purposes of the
militia, for which we are supposed to have guns, it to SUPPRESS
insurrection.

Clause 15: To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the
Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Hi Bob,

I could not help but notice that you did not answer my
question about insurrection weapons and instruments of murder.

Boy you have a selective interpretation!

2nd amendment:

Â*Â*Â* A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security
Â*Â*Â* of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear
Â*Â*Â* arms, shall not be infringed.

If in doubt, the EXACT meaning of the constitution is DEFINED
in the Federalist papers.

The Federalist No. 46

Â*Â* Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several
Â*Â* kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public
Â*Â* resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust
Â*Â* the people with arms. And it is not certain, that with this
Â*Â* aid alone they would not be able to shake off their yokes.
Â*Â* But were the people to possess the additional advantages of
Â*Â* local governments chosen by themselves, who could collect
Â*Â* the national will and direct the national force, and of
Â*Â* officers appointed out of the militia, by these governments,
Â*Â* and attached both to them and to the militia, it may be
Â*Â* affirmed with the greatest assurance, that the throne of
Â*Â* every tyranny in Europe would be speedily overturned in spite
Â*Â* of the legions which surround it.

You need to get off your ass, find a shooting range, take
some lessons, and see what this is all about.

I don't need a gun to prove my manhood.

Knowing the 5x increase in the chance of someone in my house dying from
gunshot if I had a gun in the house, I think I will pass. I have never
felt a need for one anyway.

I'd much rather go snowboarding or play volleyball.