Posted to alt.home.repair

Default We need to ban police cars

How many more people will die before we do something about these horrific police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect crashes stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/27/19 4:06 PM, Libtard Logic wrote:
How many more people will die before we do something about these
horrific police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect crashes
stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576

Guns are made for the sole purpose of killing.

Police cars are not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On 8/27/19 4:06 PM, Libtard Logic wrote:
How many more people will die before we do something about these horrific
police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect crashes
stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576

Guns are made for the sole purpose of killing.

Wrong, plenty are used for target shooting.

Police cars are not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 08:28:55 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Guns are made for the sole purpose of killing.

Wrong, plenty are used for target shooting.

That's not the true purpose of gun, senile Ozzie cretin!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/27/19 2:44 PM, wrote:
On 8/27/19 4:06 PM, Libtard Logic wrote:
How many more people will die before we do something about these
horrific police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect
crashes stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576

Guns are made for the sole purpose of killing.

What a crok! Guns have a ton of other uses.

And guns save about 17 to 1 lives versus those cost by criminals
using guns.

Police cars are not.

And the USA's worst mass murder was by an arsonist. So
lets ban fire.

The problem is not the instrument but the user. We
have always had guns, but not mass shootings. What is
different is that we now have Liberals that have
no grounding in morality. Without religoun to tell
them what is right and what is wrong, killing a human
being is no different than killing a bug.

And if you think it is magazine capacity, look up the
date on the Browning Hi Power.

Oh ya, and criminals don't obey laws, that is why they
are called criminals. Well, except by Liberal who now
call them "justice-involved persons". Criminals
get all the instruments of murder they want, be
it a stolen cop car, a cigarette lighter, a knife,
a bat, any kind of gun ...

Harassing the legal gun owner is not the answer.

Oh ya, and the biggest killer of humans in the past
century was Death by Left Wing Government (Nazis, Soviets,
ChiComs, Pol Pot, etc.) to the tune of around 200 million
souls. And now you know why Liberals want to ban guns
and not instruments of murder. It impedes their beloved
Dictatorship of the Protectorate.

Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 3:06:55 PM UTC-5, Libtard Logic wrote:
How many more people will die before we do something about these horrific police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect crashes stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576

How do you figure it was the police car at fault?

The car was stolen.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

"A K" wrote in message
On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 3:06:55 PM UTC-5, Libtard Logic wrote:
How many more people will die before we do something about these horrific
police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect crashes
stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576

How do you figure it was the police car at fault?

The car was stolen.

It was a joke, Joyce.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 7:06:06 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 8/27/19 2:44 PM, wrote:
On 8/27/19 4:06 PM, Libtard Logic wrote:
How many more people will die before we do something about these
horrific police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect
crashes stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576

Guns are made for the sole purpose of killing.

What a crok! Guns have a ton of other uses.

And guns save about 17 to 1 lives versus those cost by criminals
using guns.

I'm sure the cite for that statistic won't be forthcoming.....

Police cars are not.

And the USA's worst mass murder was by an arsonist. So
lets ban fire.

How many mass murders by arson have we seen this year in the USA?
Even with the rare case, it's almost always someone targeting someone
specifically that they are out to get over some personal dispute,
so they set fire to their house. It's not some whacko going to
Las Vegas and burning up 50 random people, it's not someone going
to Parkland and burning up 15 people in a school. When we have an
actual significant problem with mass arsons, then we should address that.

The problem is not the instrument but the user. We
have always had guns, but not mass shootings.

That's a new line. Previously the gun nut position has typically been
to deny that mass shootings are anything new. And certainly the easy
availability of guns, where some whack job, with 21 police visits to
the house, with the police knowing he's being treated for mental problems,
knowing he was suicidal, can just walk into Dick's and buy all the guns
he wants, is a very, very bad system.

What is
different is that we now have Liberals that have
no grounding in morality. Without religoun to tell
them what is right and what is wrong, killing a human
being is no different than killing a bug.

Oh please. Those whacko muslims have their religion, how's that working out?
I'm not religious, I don't go to church, but I know right from wrong.
And I know we have a president who doesn't. He lies and lies and lies.
He inflames his trumpets with those lies, including smearing immigrants,
both legal and illegal. He stirs up hate. He divides the country instead
of uniting us. Maybe you should look there? And how does what we see
Trump do, everything from lies, to adultery, to saying there were very fine
people marching with Nazis and the KKK, fit with the values of your church?
Last week Trump smeared LEGAL immigrants as rapists, murderers, and worse.

And if you think it is magazine capacity, look up the
date on the Browning Hi Power.

Oh ya, and criminals don't obey laws, that is why they
are called criminals.

A reasonable permit process, where the local police chief has to issue
a permit following an actual meaningful background check, would not rely
on criminals obeying the law to keep someone like Cruz, the Parkland
shooter from walking into Dicks and buying whatever he wants. It would
rely on Dicks Sporting Goods obeying the law and not selling him guns
without a permit.

Well, except by Liberal who now
call them "justice-involved persons". Criminals
get all the instruments of murder they want, be
it a stolen cop car, a cigarette lighter, a knife,
a bat, any kind of gun ...

When is the last time anyone killed 10, 20, 50 people with a bat,
a knife, or a cigarette lighter? You could add up all of the above
deaths last year in the US from all that BS and it would be just a fraction
of the deaths from guns.

Harassing the legal gun owner is not the answer.

Asking for a reasonable permit process to keep guns out of the hands
of people who should not have them is not harassment.

Oh ya, and the biggest killer of humans in the past
century was Death by Left Wing Government (Nazis, Soviets,
ChiComs, Pol Pot, etc.) to the tune of around 200 million
souls. And now you know why Liberals want to ban guns
and not instruments of murder. It impedes their beloved
Dictatorship of the Protectorate.

So typical, so crazy, so sad. Meanwhile it's just a matter of time
until the next whack job walks into a gun store in a state that has
lax laws, buys a gun and commits the next mass shooting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 16:10:10 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

How do you figure it was the police car at fault?

The car was stolen.

It was a joke, Joyce.

No, it wasn't, senile idiot!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/19 2:10 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"A K" wrote in message ...
On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 3:06:55 PM UTC-5, Libtard Logic wrote:
How many more people will die before we do something about these horrific police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect crashes stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576

How do you figure it was the police car at fault?

The car was stolen.

It was a joke, Joyce.

Yup, you got it!

Guns don't kill, people do.
Police cars don't kill, people do.

It's amazing how many gun-grabbin' libtards can't seem to understand that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/19 1:43 AM, A K wrote:
On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 3:06:55 PM UTC-5, Libtard Logic wrote:
How many more people will die before we do something about these horrific police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect crashes stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576

How do you figure it was the police car at fault?

The car was stolen.

Andy

It's the same faulty libtard logic that blames guns for gun homicides.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/19 3:32 AM, devnull wrote:
On 8/28/19 1:43 AM, A K wrote:
On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 3:06:55 PM UTC-5, Libtard Logic wrote:
How many more people will die before we do something about these
horrific police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect
crashes stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576

How do you figure it was the police car at fault?

The car was stolen.

Andy

It's the same faulty libtard logic that blames guns for gun homicides.

Interesting how it is only insurrection capable weapons
that they want to ban. Hmmmmmmmmmm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/27/2019 4:06 PM, T wrote:

And guns save about 17 to 1 lives versus those cost by criminals
using guns.

Now that is some fine trumptard logic!

Funny how you never back up any of the BS you spout with legitimate
references. Never a single reason to believe a word you say.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"A K" wrote in message
On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 3:06:55 PM UTC-5, Libtard Logic wrote:
How many more people will die before we do something about these
horrific police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect
crashes stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576

How do you figure it was the police car at fault?

The car was stolen.

It was a joke, Joyce.

Yup, you got it!

Guns don't kill, people do.
Police cars don't kill, people do.

It's amazing how many gun-grabbin' libtards can't seem to understand that.

Funny, how these right wing wacko terrorists are so fond of previously
illegal weapons of war. Back then, we didn't have anywhere near a bad of
atrocities. What could have changed that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2019 1:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
Funny, how these right wing wacko terrorists are so fond of previously illegal weapons of war. Back then, we didn't have anywhere near a bad of atrocities. What could have changed that?

Ted Kennedy's Oldsmobile killed more people than all my guns put together.* Why is that?

--
Get off my lawn!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/19 10:55 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 8/27/2019 4:06 PM, T wrote:

And guns save about 17 to 1 lives versus those cost by criminals
using guns.

Now that is some fine trumptard logic!

Funny how you never back up any of the BS you spout with legitimate
references. Never a single reason to believe a word you say.

Ahhhh. Result to name calling because you have no point.
Next time just ask me for a reference.

Let me ask you a question. Is there a particular reason
why you are only interested in banning legal ownership
of weapons that can used for insurrection and not all
instruments of murder? Dictatorship of the Proletariat
come to mind by chance?

Here is your reference. You will note that this article
has 23 cites

https://gunowners.org/sk0802htm/

Arm Yourself With The Facts
Fact Sheet: Guns Save Lives

Written by GOA Published: 29 September 2008
Fact Sheet: Guns Save Lives
A. Guns save more lives than they take; prevent more injuries than they
inflict

* Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding
citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5
million times every year or about 6,850 times a day. [1] This means
that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to
protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives. [2]

* Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves
every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire
a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a
citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.[3]

* As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves
against sexual abuse.[4]

* Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5
million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton
Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of
self-defense every year. The National Institute of Justice published
this figure in 1997 as part of Guns in America a study which was
authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.[5]

* Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and
kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to
606).[6] And readers of Newsweek learned that only 2 percent of
civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as
a criminal. The error rate for the police, however, was 11 percent,
more than five times as high.[7]

* Handguns are the weapon of choice for self-defense. Citizens use
handguns to protect themselves over 1.9 million times a year. [8] Many
of these self-defense handguns could be labeled as Saturday Night
Specials.
B. Concealed carry laws help reduce crime

* Nationwide: one-half million self-defense uses. Every year, as many as
one-half million citizens defend themselves with a firearm away from
home. [9] * Concealed carry laws are dropping crime rates across the
country. A comprehensive national study determined in 1996 that violent
crime fell after states made it legal to carry concealed firearms. The
results of the study showed:

* States which passed concealed carry laws reduced their murder rate by
8.5%, rapes by 5%, aggravated assaults by 7% and robbery by 3%; [10] and
* If those states not having concealed carry laws had adopted such laws
in 1992, then approximately 1,570 murders, 4,177 rapes, 60,000
aggravated assaults and over 11,000 robberies would have been avoided
yearly.[11]

* Vermont: one of the safest five states in the country. In Vermont,
citizens can carry a firearm without getting permission without paying
a fee or without going through any kind of government-imposed waiting
period. And yet for ten years in a row, Vermont has remained one of the
top-five, safest states in the union having three times received the
Safest State Award.[12]

* Florida: concealed carry helps slash the murder rates in the state. In
the fifteen years following the passage of Floridas concealed carry law
in 1987, over 800,000 permits to carry firearms were issued to people in
the state. [13] FBI reports show that the homicide rate in Florida,
which in 1987 was much higher than the national average, fell 52% during
that 15-year period thus putting the Florida rate below the national
average. [14]

* Do firearms carry laws result in chaos? No. Consider the case of
Florida. A citizen in the Sunshine State is far more likely to be
attacked by an alligator than to be assaulted by a concealed carry holder.

1. During the first fifteen years that the Florida law was in effect,
alligator attacks outpaced the number of crimes committed by carry
holders by a 229 to 155 margin.

2. And even the 155 crimes committed by concealed carry permit holders
are somewhat misleading as most of these infractions resulted from
Floridians who accidentally carried their firearms into restricted
areas, such as an airport. [15]
C. Criminals avoid armed citizens

* Kennesaw, GA. In 1982, this suburb of Atlanta passed a law requiring
heads of households to keep at least one firearm in the house. The
residential burglary rate subsequently dropped 89% in Kennesaw, compared
to the modest 10.4% drop in Georgia as a whole. [16]

* Ten years later (1991), the residential burglary rate in Kennesaw was
still 72% lower than it had been in 1981, before the law was passed. [17]

* Nationwide. Statistical comparisons with other countries show that
burglars in the United States are far less apt to enter an occupied home
than their foreign counterparts who live in countries where fewer
civilians own firearms. Consider the following rates showing how often a
homeowner is present when a burglar strikes:

* Homeowner occupancy rate in the gun control countries of Great
Britain, Canada and Netherlands: 45% (average of the three countries);
and, * Homeowner occupancy rate in the United States: 12.7%. [18] Rapes
averted when women carry or use firearms for protection

* Orlando, FL. In 1966-67, the media highly publicized a safety course
which taught Orlando women how to use guns. The result: Orlandos rape
rate dropped 88% in 1967, whereas the rape rate remained constant in the
rest of Florida and the nation. [19]

* Nationwide. In 1979, the Carter Justice Department found that of more
than 32,000 attempted rapes, 32% were actually committed. But when a
woman was armed with a gun or knife, only 3% of the attempted rapes were
actually successful. [20] Justice Department study:

* 3/5 of felons polled agreed that a criminal is not going to mess
around with a victim he knows is armed with a gun. [21]

* 74% of felons polled agreed that one reason burglars avoid houses
when people are at home is that they fear being shot during the
crime.[22] * 57% of felons polled agreed that criminals are more
worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into
the police. [23]

[1] Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz, Armed Resistance to Crime: The
Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense With a Gun, 86 The Journal of
Criminal Law and Criminology, Northwestern University School of Law, 1
(Fall 1995):164. Dr. Kleck is a professor in the school of criminology
and criminal justice at Florida State University in Tallahassee. He has
researched extensively and published several essays on the gun control
issue. His book, Point Blank: Guns and Violence in America, has become a
widely cited source in the gun control debate. In fact, this book earned
Dr. Kleck the prestigious American Society of Criminology Michael J.
Hindelang award for 1993. This award is given for the book published in
the past two to three years that makes the most outstanding contribution
to criminology. Even those who dont like the conclusions Dr. Kleck
reaches, cannot argue with his impeccable research and methodology. In
A Tribute to a View I Have Opposed, Marvin E. Wolfgang writes that,
What troubles me is the article by Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz. The
reason I am troubled is that they have provided an almost clear-cut case
of methodologically sound research in support of something I have
theoretically opposed for years, namely, the use of a gun in defense
against a criminal perpetrator. I have to admit my admiration for the
care and caution expressed in this article and this research. Can it be
true that about two million instances occur each year in which a gun was
used as a defensive measure against crime? It is hard to believe. Yet,
it is hard to challenge the data collected. We do not have contrary
evidence. Wolfgang, A Tribute to a View I Have Opposed, The Journal
of Criminal Law and Criminology, at 188.

Wolfgang says there is no contrary evidence. Indeed, there are more
than a dozen national polls one of which was conducted by The Los
Angeles Times that have found figures comparable to the Kleck-Gertz
study. Even the Clinton Justice Department (through the National
Institute of Justice) found there were as many as 1.5 million defensive
users of firearms every year. See National Institute of Justice, Guns
in America: National Survey on Private Ownership and Use of Firearms,
Research in Brief (May 1997).

As for Dr. Kleck, readers of his materials may be interested to know
that he is a member of the ACLU, Amnesty International USA, and Common
Cause. He is not and has never been a member of or contributor to any
advocacy group on either side of the gun control debate.

[2] According to the National Safety Council, the total number of gun
deaths (by accidents, suicides and homicides) account for less than
30,000 deaths per year. See Injury Facts, published yearly by the
National Safety Council, Itasca, Illinois.

[3] Kleck and Gertz, Armed Resistance to Crime, at 173, 185.

[4]Kleck and Gertz, Armed Resistance to Crime, at 185.

[5]Philip J. Cook and Jens Ludwig, Guns in America: National Survey on
Private Ownership and Use of Firearms, NIJ Research in Brief (May
1997); available at https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/165476.pdf on the
internet. The finding of 1.5 million yearly self-defense cases did not
sit well with the anti-gun bias of the studys authors, who attempted to
explain why there could not possibly be one and a half million cases of
self-defense every year. Nevertheless, the 1.5 million figure is
consistent with a mountain of independent surveys showing similar
figures. The sponsors of these studies nearly a dozen are quite
varied, and include anti-gun organizations, news media organizations,
governments and commercial polling firms. See also Kleck and Gertz,
supra note 1, pp. 182-183.

[6]Kleck, Point Blank: Guns and Violence in America, (1991):111-116, 148.

[7]George F. Will, Are We a Nation of Cowards?, Newsweek (15
November 1993):93.

[8]Id. at 164, 185.

[9]Dr. Gary Kleck, interview with J. Neil Schulman, Q and A: Guns,
crime and self-defense, The Orange County Register (19 September 1993).
In the interview with Schulman, Dr. Kleck reports on findings from a
national survey which he and Dr. Marc Gertz conducted in Spring, 1993
a survey which findings were reported in Kleck and Gertz, Armed
Resistance to Crime.

[10]One of the authors of the University of Chicago study reported on
the studys findings in John R. Lott, Jr., More Guns, Less Violent
Crime, The Wall Street Journal (28 August 1996). See also John R. Lott,
Jr. and David B. Mustard, Crime, Deterrence, and Right-to-Carry
Concealed Handguns, University of Chicago (15 August 1996); and Lott,
More Guns, Less Crime (1998, 2000).

[11]Lott and Mustard, Crime, Deterrence, and Right-to-Carry Concealed
Handguns.

[12]Kathleen OLeary Morgan, Scott Morgan and Neal Quitno, Rankings of
States in Most Dangerous/Safest State Awards 1994 to 2003, Morgan
Quitno Press (2004) at http://www.statestats.com/dang9403.htm. Morgan
Quitno Press is an independent private research and publishing company
which was founded in 1989. The company specializes in reference books
and monthly reports that compare states and cities in several different
subject areas. In the first 10 years in which they published their
Safest State Award, Vermont has consistently remained one of the top
five safest states.

[13]Memo by Jim Smith, Secretary of State, Florida Department of State,
Division of Licensing, Concealed Weapons/Firearms License Statistical
Report (October 1, 2002).
14Floridas murder rate was 11.4 per 100,000 in 1987, but only 5.5 in
2002. Compare Federal Bureau of Investigation, Crime in the United
States, Uniform Crime Reports, (1988): 7, 53; and FBI, (2003):19, 79.

[15]John R. Lott, Jr., Right to carry would disprove horror stories,
Kansas City Star, (July 12, 2003).

[16]Gary Kleck, Crime Control Through the Private Use of Armed Force,
Social Problems 35 (February 1988):15.

[17]Compare Kleck, Crime Control, at 15, and Chief Dwaine L. Wilson,
City of Kennesaw Police Department, Month to Month Statistics: 1991.
(Residential burglary rates from 1981-1991 are based on statistics for
the months of March October.)

[18]Kleck, Point Blank, at 140.

[19]Kleck, Crime Control, at 13.

[20]U.S. Department of Justice, Law Enforcement Assistance
Administration, Rape Victimization in 26 American Cities (1979), p. 31.

[21]U.S., Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice, The
Armed Criminal in America: A Survey of Incarcerated Felons, Research
Report (July 1985): 27.

[22]Id.

[23]Id.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"A K" wrote in message
On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 3:06:55 PM UTC-5, Libtard Logic wrote:
How many more people will die before we do something about these
horrific police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect
crashes stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576

How do you figure it was the police car at fault?

The car was stolen.

It was a joke, Joyce.

Yup, you got it!

Guns don't kill, people do.
Police cars don't kill, people do.

It's amazing how many gun-grabbin' libtards can't seem to understand
that.

Funny, how these right wing wacko terrorists are so fond of previously
illegal weapons of war. Back then, we didn't have anywhere near a bad of
atrocities. What could have changed that?

What makes you think they are all right wing? Most of
the violence comes from the Left.

And to answer your question, we have always had weapons.
What has changed is that we now have Liberal/Regressives
that are godless and have no limits on their behavior.
Without an external authority over them, morality is
what serves their self interest and killing another
human being, a baby or a grown adult, is no more than
squashing a bug.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/19 11:16 AM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
On 8/28/2019 1:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
Funny, how these right wing wacko terrorists are so fond of previously
illegal weapons of war. Back then, we didn't have anywhere near a bad
of atrocities. What could have changed that?

Ted Kennedy's Oldsmobile killed more people than all my guns put
together.* Why is that?

I placed my gun on my table and stared at it for hours. Although
quite handsome in its own right, it just sat there and did
nothing. Go figure...

It is only weapons that can be used for insurrection that they
want to ban. They could give a s*** about instruments that
can be used for murder.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"A K" wrote in message
On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 3:06:55 PM UTC-5, Libtard Logic wrote:
How many more people will die before we do something about these
horrific police cars?

Two 6-year-olds killed, at least 11 injured as stabbing suspect
crashes stolen police car in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ayton-n1046576

How do you figure it was the police car at fault?

The car was stolen.

It was a joke, Joyce.

Yup, you got it!

Guns don't kill, people do.
Police cars don't kill, people do.

It's amazing how many gun-grabbin' libtards can't seem to understand
that.

Funny, how these right wing wacko terrorists are so fond of previously
illegal weapons of war. Back then, we didn't have anywhere near a bad of
atrocities. What could have changed that?

Just the usual fad/fashion stuff. In the 60s it was the black
panthers, simbionese liberation army, bader meinhof etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 05:16:17 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Funny, how these right wing wacko terrorists are so fond of previously
illegal weapons of war. Back then, we didn't have anywhere near a bad of
atrocities. What could have changed that?

Just the usual fad/fashion stuff. In the 60s it was the black
panthers, simbionese liberation army, bader meinhof etc.

You got a weirdly "functioning" mind, senile idiot. But then, you are senile
and even got your own website dedicated to your idiocy and trolling! BG

little ignorant ****."
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2019 1:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
Funny, how these right wing wacko terrorists are so fond of previously
illegal weapons of war. Back then, we didn't have anywhere near a bad
of atrocities. What could have changed that?

Ted Kennedy's Oldsmobile killed more people than all my guns put
together.* Why is that?

I placed my gun on my table and stared at it for hours. Although
quite handsome in its own right, it just sat there and did
nothing. Go figure...

It is only weapons that can be used for insurrection that they
want to ban. They could give a s*** about instruments that
can be used for murder.

ROFL

That's a shift. Previously the gun nuts were claiming that people
who favor some reasonable gun laws to stop known trouble makers
from just walking into a sporting goods store and buying guns
were out to take all guns away. Now it's just that they want to
ban weapons that can be used for 'insurrection". BTW, somewhere in
there didn't you just admit that would be weapons of war. Yet
the typical argument has been that the weapons Americans are allowed
to own are not suitable for war. So, which is it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"A K" wrote in message
[...]

How about the white supremacists and similar? I guess they believe
in God, so they are A-OK and God is limiting their behavior?

Without an external authority over them,

The authority would be our laws and govt. Those muslims extremists
say they have God on their side, how's that working out?

morality is
what serves their self interest and killing another
human being, a baby or a grown adult, is no more than
squashing a bug.

Attitudes like this are why nothing can get done anymore and the country
is coming apart. Sadly, you just see the left as extreme and can't see
that much of what you post is just as extreme, just as closed minded,
just as bad.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2019 1:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
Funny, how these right wing wacko terrorists are so fond of
previously illegal weapons of war. Back then, we didn't have anywhere
near a bad of atrocities. What could have changed that?

Ted Kennedy's Oldsmobile killed more people than all my guns put
together.* Why is that?

I placed my gun on my table and stared at it for hours.* Although
quite handsome in its own right, it just sat there and did
nothing.* Go figure...

It is only weapons that can be used for insurrection that they
want to ban.* They could give a s*** about instruments that
can be used for murder.

The constitution clearly states that one of the purposes of the militia,
for which we are supposed to have guns, it to SUPPRESS insurrection.

Clause 15: To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws
of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2019 1:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Hi Bob,

I could not help but notice that you did not answer my
question about insurrection weapons and instruments of murder.

Boy you have a selective interpretation!

2nd amendment:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security
of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear
arms, shall not be infringed.

If in doubt, the EXACT meaning of the constitution is DEFINED
in the Federalist papers.

The Federalist No. 46

Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several
kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public
resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust
the people with arms. And it is not certain, that with this
aid alone they would not be able to shake off their yokes.
But were the people to possess the additional advantages of
local governments chosen by themselves, who could collect
the national will and direct the national force, and of
officers appointed out of the militia, by these governments,
and attached both to them and to the militia, it may be
affirmed with the greatest assurance, that the throne of
every tyranny in Europe would be speedily overturned in spite
of the legions which surround it.

You need to get off your ass, find a shooting range, take
some lessons, and see what this is all about.

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2019 1:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
[...]

I don't need a gun to prove my manhood.

Knowing the 5x increase in the chance of someone in my house dying from
gunshot if I had a gun in the house, I think I will pass. I have never
felt a need for one anyway.

I'd much rather go snowboarding or play volleyball.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"A K" wrote in message
[...]

Correct. A few black people started carrying, expressing their right to
do so, and the rightie's hero Reagan immediately passed gun control.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 7:42:27 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 8/28/2019 1:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Oh no, when the insurrection starts, what good will that snowboard be?

LOL

The problem I see is that a lot of these wing nuts that believe this
stuff could think that the enemy is guys like you and start their
"insurrection". Who decides what an insurrection is, when the govt
needs to be overthrown and who the enemy really is? We kind of had
that it 1860, didn't work out too well. Also Mr. T must be out of his
mind to think that armed citizens are going to overpower the police,
Homeland Security, Dept of Defense, etc. First thing they'd do is cut
off the supply of ammo, not hard to do, but I suppose Mr. T has
200,000 rounds stored and ready in his patriot bunker.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2019 1:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Everybody's different. My husband enjoys target shooting and eating
venison.

That 5x increase in the chances doesn't mean anything on an individual
basis. Details matter.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/29/19 7:42 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 8/28/2019 1:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
[...]

It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/29/19 4:42 PM, Bob F wrote:

I*don't*need*a*gun*to*prove*my*manhood.

That all depends on if you are a man to start with. Cars
are dangerous as all hell. Does driving make you a man?

If you are going to criticize guns, find out what they are
actually about before opening your mouth.

Gun courses at ranges will lend you guns. You don't have
to buy one. (Although they will want you to try several
out in the hopes you will adore one particular one and
purchase it from them.)

Knowing the 5x increase in the chance of someone in my house dying from
gunshot if I had a gun in the house, I think I will pass. I have never
felt*a*need*for*one*anyway.

Oh brother. And how many times more likely are you to slip
and break your head open if you have a bathtub/shower, especially
if you use soap!

And take and NRA certified course on gun safety before owning a gun.
AND PAY ATTENTION!

I'd*much*rather*go*snowboarding*or*play*vol leyball.

I prefer fishing myself. But shooting is also a blast.
I am pretty good at 50 yards free standing with my 45.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/30/19 3:20 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Everybody's different. My husband enjoys target shooting and eating
venison.

1+ on the target shooting

1- on the venison. YUK YUK YUK YUK !!!! I hate venison.
And that included EVERY WAY other tell me they prepare it.

But weird, I adore Elk and Moose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/30/19 3:25 AM, devnull wrote:
On 8/29/19 7:42 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 8/28/2019 1:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
[...]

What??? Are you implying a gun is like a seat belt or a shower mat?
Where are you getting such radical thoughts!!! This is what happens
to you when you think instead of feel!

:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

And you STILL did not answer my question about why you
are only interested in banning weapons that can be used
for insurrection and not all instruments of murder.

This is CLEARLY not about public safety, but about the
safety of the proletariat.

Best solution to the Dictatorship of the Proletariat is
HOT LEAD. And your team knows that.

YOU CAN NOT TRUST A GOVERNMENT THAT DOES NOT TRUST ITS
PEOPLE WITH THE MEANS OF ITS OVERTHROW.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 10:55:00 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , lid says...

It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not
have it.

What??? Are you implying a gun is like a seat belt or a shower mat?
Where are you getting such radical thoughts!!! This is what happens
to you when you think instead of feel!

:-)

Just like a parachute. If you ever need one and do not have one,
chances are you will never need one again.

---

How many people die each year from having a parachute in their house,
where it was used on the spur of the moment in anger or a kid gets
a hold of it, etc? Many criminals break into homes and steal parachutes
and use them in crimes?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 31/08/2019 03:54, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , lid says...

It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not
have it.

What??? Are you implying a gun is like a seat belt or a shower mat?
Where are you getting such radical thoughts!!! This is what happens
to you when you think instead of feel!

:-)

Just like a parachute. If you ever need one and do not have one,
chances are you will never need one again.

---

Doh! if you're gonna do a parachute jump, then yes, wear one.

Or are you saying that you wear a parachute whenever you go up in a
plane? Do airlines allow that now then !?

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 31/08/2019 04:13, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 10:55:00 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , lid says...

It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not
have it.

What??? Are you implying a gun is like a seat belt or a shower mat?
Where are you getting such radical thoughts!!! This is what happens
to you when you think instead of feel!

:-)

Just like a parachute. If you ever need one and do not have one,
chances are you will never need one again.

---

How many people die each year from having a parachute in their house,
where it was used on the spur of the moment in anger or a kid gets
a hold of it, etc? Many criminals break into homes and steal parachutes
and use them in crimes?

Moral of the story: you should wear a parachute at all times. You

never know when you might accidentally fall off a cliff or a very high
building.
You know it makes sense!

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 9:28:16 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 8/30/19 3:20 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Everybody's different. My husband enjoys target shooting and eating
venison.

1+ on the target shooting

1- on the venison. YUK YUK YUK YUK !!!! I hate venison.
And that included EVERY WAY other tell me they prepare it.

I don't like venison very much, nor the smell of it cooking.

But weird, I adore Elk and Moose.

Not readily available here. I had a bear summer sausage once that was
very good.

Cindy Hamilton