Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Two-stroke mix question

Mark wrote:

"Tim+" wrote in message
Now I know that in practice it doesnt matter a jot but every time I mix
up
some two-stroke fuel I agonise (very slightly) over whether its one
part
oil added to 50 parts petrol or one part oil *in* 50 parts petrol/oil mix
(hence one part oil added to 49 parts of petrol)

So, does a 1:50 mixture equal 2% oil in petrol or 1.96%?

Tim

Plenty of online calculators for 2T oil mix

Im sure there are. I was just curious as to whether others find the bald
€œ50 to 1€ mix a little bit ambiguous.

50:1 Hmmmm really ?

Yes, really. Whats wrong with it?

you should try that question on a 2stroke motorcycle forum
the page explodes with different opinions

More interested in the €œcorrect€ answer (if such a thing exists) than more
opinions.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls