Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Cable needed for 7KW EV charger

On 29/08/2019 12:15, Andrew wrote:
On 28/08/2019 20:21, ARW wrote:

If some EV cars need an AC charger and some a DC charger (as I
interpret the charger at the local library). How do these
domestic charge points do it ?.

You will not be needing or getting a DC charger if you go ahead (or
are eligible to get one at that price). You will be getting a 32A AC
supply.

OK, so presumably at any property where there already such a supply to
the garage (for other purposes/'business'/diy) you could simply use
the existing cable ?.

Or would you run another entirely separate feed ?. Just curious.

We have not done one yet that has not needed a supply back to the main
CU. But these have all been mode 3 (32A) supplies.

I believe the mode 2 (16A) also qualifies for the £500 grant.

Basically a 13A socket on an extension lead will not save you £500.

I'll dig out my course books over the weekend if you want more info.
Trouble is it's a bank holiday week so I have to do 5 day works in 4
days and the schools are open on Monday so every school job we have done
must be completed and signed off by tomorrow night.

--
Adam