Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Florida stand your ground case conviction.

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 10:10:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 17:25:51 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 7:39:46 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 16:09:57 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 4:48:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 10:20:19 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 12:29:29 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says....

I wonder how his family really feels about it now that they have $5.9
million. Not to single them out, many of those that get huge settlements.

Yep, many times the cop gets fired or worse and the prep or his family
gets a million plus.

Lawyers get rich .

Which is a good reason that cops that violate PD policy, that cause
needless deaths, that bring shame and lawsuits should be fired.

I suppose you think people who fight with cops and fail to comply with
lawful orders should be rewarded.

I've never said anything at all like that. And if you read what
I've posted here over the years, I've sided with the police in
most of these incidents. That doesn't mean I close my eyes and
deny the facts where a cop was wrong.

Like I have said, I know a lot of cops, most from the DC Police or PG
county and they run into people who want to fight them all the time..
Cake is not going to work.

No **** Sherlock, I never said or implied that it would. They didn't
have to give Garner cake, they just had to arrest him using the
allowed methods. Three of the cops did that. One chose to ignore
the dept rules, the dept training and do what he pleased. Garner
died. The medical examiner says the fatal sequence was initiated
by the chokehold, and it was forceful enough that she had photos
of the damage it caused to his neck.

My neighbor here was a disabled Cleveland cop who suffered an injury
he took to his grave from a guy like Garner. He ended up shooting the
guy but by then he was crippled for life. It is no wonder cops go to
the gun so fast.

Maybe you should put on a badge and walk around Newark or Camden for a
week and then get back to us.

Maybe cops like Pantaleo should follow the rules. Rules that were put
in place for exactly this reason, that chokeholds can be fatal.
Just as there are good cops, there are some bad cops, that won't
follow rules and are just itching to give somebody a good whooping,
thinking like you do, that the deserve it.

Yeah that is what you would do in a fight with a much bigger man, Pull
out your rule book and be sure you were being polite.

A - It wasn't much of a fight. And you claim he was about ready to
die anyway from all his health problems.

B - There were FOUR cops on the guy.

C - I would hope I would remember my training, including that chokeholds
are dangerous and not to be used.

Yeah sure, that is real easy sitting in your safe little house behind
your keyboard. You are a bad ass when you type.

The bad ass was Pantaleo who disobeyed his orders and training,
went rogue and used a chokehold, in a situation where it was totally
unnecessary. The head of police training testified to that.
I suppose he's a political appointee too? He testified that
it was a chokehold, that it was banned and that it was unnecessary.

I guess you read
the article where the police department doctor said this was NOT the
banned choke hold.

No, I didn't see that. IDK how a police doctor would be an expert
in what chokeholds are allowed or what the training, policy, etc
was. The guy who was expert in that, the head of police training
said it was a chokehold, it was prohibited.

I posted the link and a quote. Was it just something you chose to
ignore?

No, I just didn't see it. I went back and looked and then tried
to further track it down. First, all I see is that Pantaleo's
lawyer claimed that there was an internal PD report that included
something from that doctor that the lawyer claims says that.
I could find nothing about that doctor actually testifying, under
oath, which if it's true and it really says what he lawyer claims
and would help P, is very odd. All the hits are to P's lawyer
saying it in one instance. If you have something that shows
the actual report or the doctor actually testifying, I'd be
happy to see it. P's lawyer saying some report says something
doesn't amount to much.

The "damage" to his neck was superficial, no
collapse of the wind pipe or bone damage. The guy died from an asthma
attack, followed by a heart attack. Even the ME admitted that.

I'm sure if the medical examiner had photos of the broken blood
vessels in your neck from a chokehold, you'd have a very different
opinion.

Another name for broken blood vessels a bruise (AKA hematoma) but that
doesn't sound near as inflammatory does it ?

Were you there to hear the MD testify under oath? I'd bet that
she used the medical term, then described it in layman's terms.
She also had photos of the injury.
Regardless of what you call it, it shows that substantial force
was applied, which if someone has asthma, could initiate the
death sequence. Which of course is why they were BANNED by
NYC and most other PDs.

I also gave you your cite about the supervisor's acquiescence in the
way this was handled and she was there, not monday morning quarter
backing.

What you provided only said the supervisor was there, not when she
got there, what she saw, etc. So now that I once again have to go
looking for the details, look at this:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...m3m-story.html

'Adonis, accused by the NYPD of failure to supervise, was seven miles away from Bay St. when all hell broke loose on Staten Island five years ago.

Who was the black female sargent standing there then?

Read the rest and figure it out.

The cop, who joined the NYPD in 2002, is first seen on video of the fatal encounter after Garner has already been taken to the ground by Pantaleo. Adonis wasnt there when the two confronted each other and she wasnt there when Garner was cuffed.

She must have beamed herself 7 miles away then, you said it was only a
short struggle and she is in that video.

Any other facts you want to try to distort into what amounts to lies?
The actual struggle was short, it's on the video. The engagement
with Garner, went on much longer. And she was summoned at some
point. There was time for her to get there and it sounds like
she arrived AFTER Garner had been wrestled to the ground, AFTER
the chokehold had been applied.

She is also the one who called EMS and told them Garner was having
trouble breathing but he was OK
Somebody is lying here or they are having trouble keeping there story
straight. I guess I really need to find the original video. It sounds
like the one that exonerates Pantaleo has been buried by city hall
after it was used to get the charges tossed.

Ah yes, another grand conspiracy theory. When you have a video
that shows the Sgt was there and watching the chokehold, I'll
be happy to see it. Until then, I'll go with what I saw reported,
what I provided, was that she was summoned to the scene and
arrived AFTER the chokehold.

But even so, the NYPD says she must have a department trial at One Police Plaza for her failure to intervene after Garner was on the pavement."

If that's true, then you have your answer as to why she was only
docked 20 days pay. Like I said, without knowing all the details
there, it's hard to make a judgment. Pantaleo is very different.
He used a chokehold and the PD had banned them. And they banned
them because other people had already died in similar cases from
chokeholds. That's why the COP said "stay away from the neck"
Pantaleo didn't. And it wasn't like it was one on one with him
and Garner. There were four cops tackling Garner.

Hummmm black female cop gets a slap on the wrist and the Italian gets
the book thrown at him, let me think a minute.

You should think a minute. You're just like the Black Lies Matter
people, immediately turning to race, ignoring the facts! The facts,
as presented above, were that she arrived AFTER the chokehold, so
why are you trying to make it about race?

This was a political lynching of a cop, after the fact by an anti
police mayor to appease the black community and it is not shocking
that people who serve at his pleasure like the ME went along. Just
because he didn't appoint her doesn't mean he can't fire her.

BS. It was a cop who disregarded his orders, disregarded his training
and used a banned chokehold and the guy died. That's why they banned
them to begin with. capiche? You have ZERO evidence that any
political pressure was put on the MD who did the autopsy. In fact,
that claim makes no sense at all. If the city was out to get P,
why didn't they get him indicted? A prosecutor can get a grand
jury to indict a ham sandwich, yet they didn't. And for political
purposes, if you were going to try to obstruct, the obvious thing
would be to do the OPPOSITE, to have the autopsy find that he
just died of natural causes, that the chokehold had no effect.
Then the city looks like they did nothing wrong.

The BLM people were not going to accept that and DeBlasio did not want
a riot that early in his administration.

Then why didn't they make sure that P got indicted? Not hard,
since it's only the prosecutor presenting to a grand jury.
And the BLM people are going to accept that all that P gets
is he's fired? That makes sense? It couldn't be that they
just played out the process fairly, let the chips fall where
they may? Garner is dead, the cop used a banned chokehold,
he got fired. Nothing there that I see that's out of line,
out of the ordinary. And it sends a message to other cops,
that you can't disregard training, use potentially deadly
force, when a guy is just refusing to be cuffed and you have
4 cops on him.