Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Help to kill file with Mozilla Thunderbird please

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 29/08/2019 11:22, Broadback wrote:

I wish to kill file a specific poster on u.d-i-y. I cannot find his email
address, how can I do it please?

There are a number of ways to make the filter, and also a number of things
you can have it do. What will work best will depend on how you need to
identify them, and also what kind of removal you want:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...essage_Filters

So from address is a good thing to kill on, but so can be the
"organisation" header.

The action can range from simply marking their posts as "read", to
deleting them, killing the post and any sub thread, to killing the whole
thread.

I do now particularly wish to name the individual as I am sure he will
flame me.

If he is in your kill file by then, do you care? :-)

Drop me a personal email if you want specific advice.

some of us are sensitive and we burst into tears if we are kill filed...tee
hee