Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Cable needed for 7KW EV charger

On 28/08/2019 20:21, ARW wrote:
On 28/08/2019 20:02, Andrew wrote:
On 28/08/2019 19:50, ARW wrote:
On 28/08/2019 14:47, Andrew wrote:
My garage is not joined to the house, a metre wide path
separates it.

There be some catches. Do you own or are you about to buy an EV?

It seem that you need to be available for the OLEV grant in order to
get the "special offer".

https://assets.publishing.service.go...lers-v-2-3.pdf

Well I am genuinely thinking about it, since I only do a low
mileage.

What would be the typical cost of installing one of those
'£299' charge points without the grant ?. Have you installed any ?.

We joined the OLEV charging "let's see how much money we can get for
free off the government whilst they are dishing out the grants scheme"
last year. Done a few, but it seem South Yorkshire is a bit slow on the
uptake of EVs ATM.

If some EV cars need an AC charger and some a DC charger (as I
interpret the charger at the local library). How do these
domestic charge points do it ?.

You will not be needing or getting a DC charger if you go ahead (or are
eligible to get one at that price). You will be getting a 32A AC supply.

OK, so presumably at any property where there already such a supply to
the garage (for other purposes/'business'/diy) you could simply use
the existing cable ?.

Or would you run another entirely separate feed ?. Just curious.