Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default OT Definition of "free"

alan_m presented the following explanation :
Get something for free in Essex and transport it to Glasgow! [1] Again
passing through the hands of designers who seem to have been down to the
local shed to obtain £30 worth of wood/ply.

It would probably been cheaper for the program makers to have visited a local
furnishing store and purchased everything new.

Then they happen to find a blind person, to buy for a silly amount,
what they have made.

[1]
This reminds me of phone calls that friends had when downsizing and putting
good quality items on some social media sites. The items were being given
away, for free. "Can you deliver it for free - I'm only 50 miles away?" -
"Can you bring it around for us to have a look?"

I give odd items away and despite including in the ads, 'you must have
your own transport' I still get asked to deliver.

Smaller, easily carried items I now leave by my gate, with a note on it
- 'Free- Help yourself'.