Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Florida stand your ground case conviction.

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 4:54:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 10:35:14 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 11:31:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:

The Black supervisor in
charge of the scene and standing 5 feet away got away virtually
untouched in spite of her watching the whole thing and not making any
attempt to stop anything the cop did.

If you have a cite that actually shows she watched the whole thing,
I would be happy to look at it.

Just look at the Wiki page
"The arrest was supervised by a female African-American NYPD sergeant,
Kizzy Adoni, who did not intercede.[48] Adoni was quoted in the
original police report as stating, "The perpetrator's condition did
not seem serious and he did not appear to get worse."[49]

A police sergeant called an ambulance and indicated that Mr. Garner
was having trouble breathing, but reportedly added that he "'did not
appear to be in great distress'".

and if you want me to I can probably track down the video.

I suppose I could wish that the cop who comes to save your ass would
worry more about breaking some rule than saving you but I am not that
kind of guy.

The above doesn't add anything to what we already agree, that a
supervisor was there. What she was actually doing, did she see
what P was doing, are the questions. And I've already said that
if she did see it and did nothing, then she should have received
more than a couple weeks of vacation dock.

Who exactly was Panteleo "saving"? There was no deadly threat there,
just a guy who was refusing to be handcuffed. He had not assaulted
anyone, he had not committed some violent crime. On the reality TV
police shows they frequently tackle and take down suspects who are
resisting and I can't recall ever seeing a chokehold used. As far
as procedure goes, how dumb is it to be arresting guys like Garner,
taking them into custody for selling cigarettes? Seems low level
things like that could be handled with the cops just giving him
a summons.