Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Florida stand your ground case conviction.

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 4:48:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 10:20:19 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 12:29:29 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

I wonder how his family really feels about it now that they have $5.9
million. Not to single them out, many of those that get huge settlements.

Yep, many times the cop gets fired or worse and the prep or his family
gets a million plus.

Lawyers get rich .

Which is a good reason that cops that violate PD policy, that cause
needless deaths, that bring shame and lawsuits should be fired.

I suppose you think people who fight with cops and fail to comply with
lawful orders should be rewarded.

I've never said anything at all like that. And if you read what
I've posted here over the years, I've sided with the police in
most of these incidents. That doesn't mean I close my eyes and
deny the facts where a cop was wrong.

Like I have said, I know a lot of cops, most from the DC Police or PG
county and they run into people who want to fight them all the time.
Cake is not going to work.

No **** Sherlock, I never said or implied that it would. They didn't
have to give Garner cake, they just had to arrest him using the
allowed methods. Three of the cops did that. One chose to ignore
the dept rules, the dept training and do what he pleased. Garner
died. The medical examiner says the fatal sequence was initiated
by the chokehold, and it was forceful enough that she had photos
of the damage it caused to his neck.

My neighbor here was a disabled Cleveland cop who suffered an injury
he took to his grave from a guy like Garner. He ended up shooting the
guy but by then he was crippled for life. It is no wonder cops go to
the gun so fast.

Maybe you should put on a badge and walk around Newark or Camden for a
week and then get back to us.

Maybe cops like Pantaleo should follow the rules. Rules that were put
in place for exactly this reason, that chokeholds can be fatal.
Just as there are good cops, there are some bad cops, that won't
follow rules and are just itching to give somebody a good whooping,
thinking like you do, that the deserve it.