Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Cable needed for 7KW EV charger

On 28/08/2019 18:38, Theo wrote:
Robin wrote:
As the installation would be arranged by EDF or EO why not ask them to
tell you what they'd do within the fixed price of £299, what if any
prior work or extra charges would arise in your circs, if you'd get 3.6
or 7 kW, etc

What you get is:
https://www.edfenergy.com/sites/defa..._point_tcs.pdf

quote
€˜Standard Installation means an installation that can be carried out at
the Site without any additional site preparation works, man hours or
additional equipment to install the Equipment and shall include, but not be
limited, to the following:

a. fitting of the Equipment on to an internal or
external, existing brick or plaster wall, or to another suitably robust
permanent structure at the Site;
b. up to 10 metres of cable, neatly clipped
to the wall(s) or run in suitable trunking fixed to the wall between the
main electricity distribution board and the Equipment;
c. fitting and testing
of electrical connections and protections required;
d. an additional individual consumer unit, if required;
e. installation of a Type C MCB or a Type A RCD/RCBO in an enclosure;
f. an earth rod in soft ground, if required;
/quote

"Non-standard installations may incur an additional fee and will be
discussed and agreed with you prior to your installation."

Thanks. (I am ashamed as I did search the EDF site for the T&Cs but
failed to find that).

--
Robin