Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Florida stand your ground case conviction.

On 8/28/2019 10:36 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 10:31:04 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/28/2019 10:18 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 7:40:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 15:19:10 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

chokehold set off a €ślethal cascade€ť of events that ended in the mans death

The lethal cascade was an asthma attack and cardiac arrest. A leg hold
would have likely produced the same result.

The MD that performed the autopsy says otherwise. You conveniently
left out the start of the lethal cascade, the chokehold.

You can track back to the start of the cascade was when he fought rather
than be handcuffed.

Death was preventable from both sides. Not to excuse a choke hold but
you do put yourself at risk when you fight. I've never heard the police
say "this guy is too tough, lets just let him go"

I don't disagree. With most of the police shootings, eg where they wind
up firing on some perp that they've been chasing, where it's night,
where they say they saw him reaching into his pocket and thought they
saw a gun, I've sided with the cops. I've said that these perps create
a tense, toxic situation by resisting arrest, one that puts everyone
in jeopardy. I said all along that Garner was wrong too. He paid
his price, a very, very high price for his bad behavior. Now the cop
finally has paid a price for his bad behavior too, he's fired.

I wonder how his family really feels about it now that they have $5.9
million. Not to single them out, many of those that get huge settlements.