Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default OT Giant RC model aircraft

I believe over a certain size and or weight one has to have special
permission to fly them. They tend to have to be in managed areas for public
safety.
Even standard models these days have to be flown in many places by
arrangement and with safeguards. None of what we used to do on Epsom Downs
in the middle of the race course in the 1960s, there free flight control
line and rc models and gliders shared with families having picnics. It was
fun and most people survived, but these days everyone has to have insurance
and belong to a club managing the area. I do however still notice some areas
of land are being used shall we say off the record by people who have no
idea or just cannot be bothered by all the red tape etc.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 27 August 2019 12:14:41 UTC+1, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7-lUBm-Guw

Wow they are big.