Posted to uk.d-i-y
misterroy misterroy is offline

Default In praise of Royal Mail

On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 1:27:43 PM UTC+1, Graeme wrote:
In message , T i m
writes
On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 07:13:19 +0100, Graeme
wrote:

He had been unable to deliver it during the
day (too large for the usual method of poking stuff through the cat
flap), so was dropping it off while walking his dog, in case it was
something we needed urgently.

What this says to me is there is a 'good' reason to fit a cat-flap
(especially one that only opens inwards) and that dog owners are good
people [1]. ;-)

I have to agree with that, given that we too are dog owners, and that
both the postie and the dog (cocker) use the cat flap :-)

The cat flap is many years old, installed for a cat who passed years
ago. Bit of a tight fit for the dog, and if exiting in a hurry, she
tends to take the flap with her :-)

Top man, top service.

As a cat owner I can see why you might be surprised by such selfless
actions. ;-)

snort

--
Graeme

Our postie is also excellent. "Your hands are full, I'll sign the screen" and many other helpful gestures over the years. Country is the way to be.