Posted to uk.d-i-y
Iain Iain is offline

Default Problem reading USB attached disk drives

On 27/08/2019 12:45, Iain wrote:
I'm trying to read some old SATA drives using a Liteon Ultra enclosure.
windows disk management (Win10 Pro)sees the disk but says it needs to
be initialised, but trying to initialise as MBR fails.
Any ideas as to how to procede?
TIA Iain

Boot a live linux CD and use better tools

Out of iunterest why are you usin an enclosure?Â* isn't it easier to link
the sata cables to your motherboard?

Will try Linux if I can find a CD. Using an enclosure as position of
computer israther restricted. Enclosure has a slip on lid that makes it
easy to change disk.
thanks for your input.
Iain