Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Help hacking a laser tape measure?

Looks like tenths *.1** is 9,5 for the previous determinations.
Looks like processing for longer distances takes longer and timed-out
for 20M samples so will have to select more when I rerpeat.
Got display readings for 16.388, 26.766, 44.244 and 51.971m but full SPI
only for the shorter pair . I've had a display reading of 70m on this
when playing with the measurer on its own, so there is not an internal
timing/bounding limit to 50m. Resolution to 1mm in 70m but its absolute
accuracy , fixed positions and multiple readings, seems to be about
+/-1cm over 50m for outdoor nighttime atmosphere.
For the moment , as going above 10 involves coding changes in the Q and
T sections and only 2 valid SPI readings so far, staying with the units
decoding table of the previous and extending, maybe
unit/tens ~ SPI R(1) , S (1) , T(1)
1~ 0,1,1
2~ 3,2,1
5~ 1,3,2
6~ 3,3,2
8~ 3,3,3
9~ 1,3,3
10~ 3,5,7
16~ 3,7,6
26~ F,B,6

The tenths decoding of the 16... and 26.... agrees with the previous.
For eventual use, I'm only interested in the tens,units,tenths of metres
and then 100/110/120m for the 120m version.

--
Monthly public talks on science topics, Hampshire , England
http://diverse.4mg.com/scicaf.htm