Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Garage door sounds like straining

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 02:44:05 +0000, Jay
m wrote:

I recently swapped out all the rollers from my garage door aside from the two
bottoms ones as they have the tension and am looking to do that job next week.
Anyways with most of the rollers swapped to brand new nylon rollers now my
motor sounds like it is straining. The previous rollers were pretty shot and I
don’t see how new ones would make the motor sound worse. Any ideas? I have
lubricated everything and the only change was old rollers for new ones.

I'll guess that the old rollers had a fair amount of slop - in their
bearings and in their fit in the track - and the new rollers do not
- hence more binding - hence more strain on the poor old motor.
I predict new gear kit will be required soon.
You might try some white grease on the old gears.
John T.