Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Jay is offline

Default Garage door sounds like straining

I recently swapped out all the rollers from my garage door aside from the two
bottoms ones as they have the tension and am looking to do that job next week.
Anyways with most of the rollers swapped to brand new nylon rollers now my
motor sounds like it is straining. The previous rollers were pretty shot and I
dont see how new ones would make the motor sound worse. Any ideas? I have
lubricated everything and the only change was old rollers for new ones.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-1198173-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 02:44:05 +0000, Jay
m wrote:

I recently swapped out all the rollers from my garage door aside from the two
bottoms ones as they have the tension and am looking to do that job next week.
Anyways with most of the rollers swapped to brand new nylon rollers now my
motor sounds like it is straining. The previous rollers were pretty shot and I
dont see how new ones would make the motor sound worse. Any ideas? I have
lubricated everything and the only change was old rollers for new ones.

What does the door feel like when you unlatch it and move it by hand?
If you have torsion springs they may need adjusting or you might just
have a bind because the new rollers are not aligned to the track..
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

I recently swapped out all the rollers from my garage door aside from the two
bottoms ones as they have the tension and am looking to do that job next week.
Anyways with most of the rollers swapped to brand new nylon rollers now my
motor sounds like it is straining. The previous rollers were pretty shot and I
don’t see how new ones would make the motor sound worse. Any ideas? I have
lubricated everything and the only change was old rollers for new ones.

I'll guess that the old rollers had a fair amount of slop - in their
bearings and in their fit in the track - and the new rollers do not
- hence more binding - hence more strain on the poor old motor.
I predict new gear kit will be required soon.
You might try some white grease on the old gears.
John T.

Posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair,alt.slack

Default Garage door sounds like [it's] straining

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 06:19:07 -0700, "fake vet Afro-Eyetalian Scatboi
Colon La Edmund J. Burke" wrote:

On 8/25/2019 7:44 PM, Jay wrote:
I recently swapped out all the rollers from my garage door aside from the two
bottoms ones as they have the tension and am looking to do that job next week.
Anyways with most of the rollers swapped to brand new nylon rollers now my
motor sounds like it is straining. The previous rollers were pretty shot and I
don’t see how new ones would make the motor sound worse. Any ideas? I have
lubricated everything and the only change was old rollers for new ones.

What the **** ever happened to hand powered garage doors?
Are we so goddamned lazy that we can't even open our own ****ing doors anymore?
Oh, the shame!

Yer double wide Sun**** ****eau doesn't even GOT, a garage, Midnight!

Posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair,alt.slack

On 8/25/2019 7:44 PM, Jay wrote:
I recently swapped out all the rollers from my garage door aside from the two
bottoms ones as they have the tension and am looking to do that job next week.
Anyways with most of the rollers swapped to brand new nylon rollers now my
motor sounds like it is straining. The previous rollers were pretty shot and I
don’t see how new ones would make the motor sound worse. Any ideas? I have
lubricated everything and the only change was old rollers for new ones.

What the **** ever happened to hand powered garage doors?
Are we so goddamned lazy that we can't even open our own ****ing doors anymore?
Oh, the shame!

Yer double wide Sun**** ****eau doesn't even GOT, a garage, Midnight!

STFU, rerun asshole!

YOU STFU, penniless moulignan!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 6:19:11 AM UTC-7, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

What the **** ever happened to hand powered garage doors?
Are we so goddamned lazy that we can't even open our own ****ing doors anymore?
Oh, the shame!

You erroneously assume that everyone is able-bodied. Some people have sustained injuries or suffer from ailments that limit their physical mobility. I use a walker, but I can still safely drive my car. I cannot lift the door of my 2-car garage.

You are a vile, profane person.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 13:25:49 -0700 (PDT), RosemontCrest
wrote:

On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 6:19:11 AM UTC-7, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

What the **** ever happened to hand powered garage doors?
Are we so goddamned lazy that we can't even open our own ****ing doors anymore?
Oh, the shame!

You erroneously assume that everyone is able-bodied. Some people have sustained injuries or suffer from ailments that limit their physical mobility. I use a walker, but I can still safely drive my car. I cannot lift the door of my 2-car garage.

You are a vile, profane person.

Youare being WAY too kind!!!!
Posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair,alt.slack

Default Outhouse door sounds like [it's] straining

Fecalpheliac fake vet scatboi little Eddie Burke whined on 8/27/2019 :
A few years back a friend and I rebuilt the outhouse door here at Sun****
****eau.

**** off, scatboi fake vet faggot.

https://imgur.com/lrQvLto LOL
Posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair,alt.slack

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 08:52:05 -0700, "fake vet Afro-Eyetalian Scatboi
Colon La Edmund J. Burke" wrote:

A few years back a friend and I rebuilt the garage door here at Sunset Chateau.
A neighbor, curious, came over and helped too.

Friends help friends build their garage doors. That's a sayin' around these parts...

What use is a garage door without a ****ing garage, Midnight?

Milk straining wood Dave UK diy 7 September 3rd 10 06:14 PM
Straining sediment out of old galvanized plumbing Dan_Musicant Home Repair 8 August 20th 06 06:20 PM
FS - Atlas mill (not mine) - This sounds like a GREAT deal Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 0 October 10th 05 01:35 PM
Garage door price - sounds right ? Amamba Home Repair 5 June 27th 05 09:48 AM
Garage door price - sounds right ? Amamba Home Ownership 1 June 25th 05 02:34 AM