Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default In praise of Royal Mail

Yes very good, but there are stories of postmen being told that to take
mail home even for a short time could get them the sack. This comes from a
bloke who worked for Royal Mail in Feltham. Big brother is watching you.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Graeme" wrote in message

We were out for the day on Saturday, delivering son to uni [1] and arrived
home just after half past five. Half an hour later there is a knock at
the back door and there stands our postie in 'civvies', with a large box
under his arm. He had been unable to deliver it during the day (too large
for the usual method of poking stuff through the cat flap), so was
dropping it off while walking his dog, in case it was something we needed
urgently. Top man, top service.

[1] See PAT and uni thread. Long story short, small print says only items
over one year old, and even those can be tested within the uni, so no
worries. A fee for testing is not mentioned, so we'll worry about that
when or if it happens.
--
Graeme