Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default London Congestion Charge

On 25/08/2019 19:42, Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer wrote:
On 25/08/2019 17:53, misterroy wrote:
Idly musing about life at work the other day, electric cars came up,
and their range. We struck upon a solution. A trailer. A trailer with
a diesel generator on it, the electricity going back to the car. Could
we run it on red diesel, and not have to pay the congestion charge?

A friend of mine rigged up a small trailer upon which was a petrol
generator
to be towed behind (and trickle charge) an electric mobility scooter
and won his argument (can't remember whether ploddery or tax) that the
scooter was at all times powered bby its internal battery

If the battery being charged wasn't directly providing energy for motive
power I can see the argument. As soon as they are linked to powering the
motors it becomes a diesel powered hybrid.