Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Power cut

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 23/08/2019 20:27, jeikppkywk wrote:

Thats what the ones with physical buttons do have.

Not viable with a touch screen tho.

SO DONT HAVE JUST A TOUCH SCREEEN

NOT A VIABLE WAY TO DO A SMARTPHONE.

Makes more sense to swipe an icon on the touch screen.

No, It makes no more sense than tapping a button, or an icon, or shaking
the thing volently and throwing it against the wall

All the mobile interfaces are obscure.

Not all, particularly when to answer the thing on the screen tells
you to slide that to answer and has others to reject the call etc.

I bought a (very non-smart) phone in 2003 and had to go back into the shop
to ask how to turn it on. You press *and hold* the red "hang up" button.

You could have got real radical and read the ****ing quick start guide.

My cordless phone handsets are like that but that
button also has the traditional power icon on it too.

Who would think of that?

Anyone who has enough of a clue to read the quick start guide.

(There was a 1/0 power symbol on the button but it was *very* tiny.)

And you were too stupid to read the quick start guide.