Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Another reason for voting for Brexit

On 23/08/2019 22:18, tim... wrote:

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 23/08/2019 13:46, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 23/08/2019 12:10, Marvin Turnip-Strearer wrote:
I made the big mistake of being collared by a neighbour
down my road, and asking what he thought about a No Deal
Brexit and although I'm fairly sure he's never even heard
of Usenet its probably best to be sure.
Â*We live around the corner from a Tube station and one of
the main reasons he gave for voting leave. and why he thinks
a No Deal Brexit is a good idea is that you can't get on a
Tube train in the morning nowadays as a result of all
the "extra" people nowadays travelling into London.
Â*When I pointed out to him that once we've sent all the
"extra" people back from where they came from, their jobs
would still need to be done by "our own" people who would
still need to travel to work by Tube.
Â*This didn't seem to impress him very much.

I am sure we can do without the polish floor sweepers

Â*Another reason was because of these plans to form a European
Army which would be run by the Germans. He explained that this
wouldn't be a good idea if we ever went to war with Germany
again.
Â*I'm still not quite sure how that one was supposed to work
but by that stage I'd had enough of "the will of the people"

I was collared by a young lady who said we were mad to leave the EU
because we 'wouldnt be able to buy any stuff'

She was atÂ* a sixth form college too.

As she becomes older, and changes into a Conservative supporter, she
will probably also become one of those phone-in Brexiteers who
believe that it's EU rules that are presently preventing us from
trading with the RoW.

No, that is only remainers that think that no trade deal means no trade.

I've never heard any Remainer express such a misunderstanding.

they frequently claim then when we leave our trade with the EU will
plummet to zero

It's a natural extrapolation from that

tim

You mean another brexiteer lie.