Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roofing Tar Drying Time

On 8/24/2019 5:13 PM, F Russell wrote:
I have a basement leak. The problem appears to be the separation
of the concrete driveway from the house foundation at one point.

I decided to fill up the separation, which is about 5 feet long,
with some roofing tar. This tar comes in a can just like paint.

After proper masking I filled up the separation with the tar, but
now I am concerned about drying time. The application was on Saturday
morning and the weather forecast has a chance of rain on Monday
afternoon. In between there will nothing but sunny skies.

Is this sufficient time for the tar to harden or should I put
some kind of cover over it? Or should I just leave it uncovered
in spite of the rain?

Â* You'd have been better off to patch the crack with a product called
"hydraulic cement" , a concrete product that expands as it hardens .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old