Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Kitchen unit fitting sequence - base then wall cupboards?

On 23/08/2019 13:43, Lee Nowell wrote:
On Friday, 23 August 2019 13:15:23 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:

I can't see it makes too much difference but a couple of thoughts
1. If you have tall larder units you would want to fit them first so the tops of the wall units align with it
2. If the floor was drastically out fitting the base units first would get the correct height off the worksurface (would have to be very out though and you would for some reason want to be super exact on distance from work surface to wall units!)

Having seen too many base units with chipboard down to the floor gone
soggy following water leaks, I'd only ever fit units on those adjustable
plastic pillars.

3. You can rest the wall unit on the base unit so you only have to lift from there.

I used to do that, before I discovered the batten trick.

4. Stops you banging you head on the wall unit when you bend down to get a screw for the next one