Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Kitchen unit fitting sequence - base then wall cupboards?

On 23/08/2019 13:59, John wrote:
newshound wrote in
o.uk:

On 23/08/2019 13:15, David wrote:
We are about to use kitchen units from Benchmarx to fit out an
office.

With the batten first, it is usually only a one person job even to fit
double width wall units. Batten first also helps if you have
"difficult" walls. I have in the past used units that "hang" on high
hooks that you fit to the wall first, but it is more difficult to get
the units level and at the same height.

A length of Dexion type angle is less obvious than a batten. The fixing
to the wall is hidden by the cupboards. (if you fit it the right way)

Means a visible gap if you have an exposed end, though.