Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Nowell Lee Nowell is offline

Default Kitchen unit fitting sequence - base then wall cupboards?

On Friday, 23 August 2019 13:15:23 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
We are about to use kitchen units from Benchmarx to fit out an office.

Nothing much; just one tall wall cupboard and two pan drawer units.

I've downloaded the fitting instructions and hints, and one thing is that
it recommends fitting the run of base units before fitting the wall units
above.

My expectation was that you would fit the wall units first when you could
easily get at the wall, then fit the base units second.

Is "base units first" always the standard way (perhaps to make sure the
wall units are exactly aligned with the base units) or doesn't it make
much difference?

Cheers

Dave R

---

I can't see it makes too much difference but a couple of thoughts
1. If you have tall larder units you would want to fit them first so the tops of the wall units align with it
2. If the floor was drastically out fitting the base units first would get the correct height off the worksurface (would have to be very out though and you would for some reason want to be super exact on distance from work surface to wall units!)
3. You can rest the wall unit on the base unit so you only have to lift from there.
4. Stops you banging you head on the wall unit when you bend down to get a screw for the next one