gina

Default remove wallpaper that has been painted over?

Tara, I tried the paper tiger in one of the houses I helped with -
same situation - wallpaper with multiple coats of paint (gloss, of
course) on it. What a nightmare! We ended up using the paper tiger
over the seams, scraping any loose stuff off with a sharpened putty
knife, and basically sanding everything. I'm too much of a
perfectionist so I mudded and sanded everywhere. But then after the
primer it looked good. Light and Dark Green sponge paint :-) Heck,
that covered things so well, I didn't need to do all that sanding!
Best of luck. Sometimes I wanna bop people for painting over stuff!

=) Gina

(TaraDanielle) wrote in message om...
UGH I got the paper tiger, spent three hours removing about 3 feet
times three feet (behind a couch) to find that there is no drywall.
Just plywood. The paper doesn't peel off in sheets, it comes off in
tiny chips.

So I'm gonna avoid all of this work for no reason, just sand the
wallpaper lines, prime (maybe twice) and paint. Coral color I think
:-)
Tara