Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Options for switching electrically heated towel rail in wet room?

Bill Wright wrote:
On 22/08/2019 22:16, Chris Green wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
On 22/08/2019 19:09, Chris Green wrote:
We're aiming to put an electrically heated (as well as CH heated)
towel rail in the new shower/wet room. How are these normally switched
on and off?

In the end I simply fitted a 30A DP with neon switched spur outside the
room next to the shower switch.

Overkill for a 400 watt heater! :-)

It was 600W. And it was an appearance match to the main shower switch
and the one for the extractor. And I couldn't be arsed buying different
ones.

The electric heater is really to get towels dry in the summer.

I see. I know I'm weird but I take towels to the wash as soon as they're
significantly damp. I'm very profligate with the washing machines.

Sort of moving on a bit, it's surprising how much washing is generated
by certain types of disability. It comes down to having a lot of
garments in circulation and just not worrying about the electric bill.
That's what PIP is for I guess.

The amount of clinical waste and soiled incontinence products is also
vast. Doncaster Council could offer no help; no big surprise.

I went through this twice, once with my dad and once with my wife.

Anyway, these matters are now behind me. I suppose this is as good a
place to mention it as any, but my beloved wife Hilary died on the 7th
August. I am utterly heartbroken.

Bill

So sorry to hear this Bill. I dont think your father could have had a
more loving son or your wife a more loving husband.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls