Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Options for switching electrically heated towel rail in wet room?

On 22/08/2019 19:09, Chris Green wrote:
We're aiming to put an electrically heated (as well as CH heated)
towel rail in the new shower/wet room. How are these normally switched
on and off?

In the end I simply fitted a 30A DP with neon switched spur outside the
room next to the shower switch. This was a few years ago. In reality we
never use the electric because when it's cold enough to need extra
heating in the wet room because the central heating is on. The thing we
did right was to have a big radiator in the wetroom, so it's always
really warm in there. This is what you need when you are bathing a
disabled person. Wetrooms need to be really warm.

Bill