Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default smart meters

On 22/08/2019 14:48, Martin Brown wrote:
On 22/08/2019 14:40, Andrew wrote:
On 22/08/2019 14:14, Martin Brown wrote:

OTOH if you can find an add on for about a tenner to save 10W it pays
for itself inside a year. Some eco tariffs will give you one for the
TV and one for your PC like a 3 way adaptor master/slave/always on.

Or you can get smart master/slave sockets - one such is:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CrazyGadget...dp/B00YZ50CE0/

Not tried this one. Mine is a previous generation (better made).

Energenie ones are overpriced. Other brands are available.

In Tuesdays metro there was an advert for solar panels and batteries
that Duracell seem to be involved in :-

www.projectsolaruk.com (I haven't investigated this yet)

Have come across them. Someone in the village had them install kit for
him. Seems to be working OK which is more than can be said for some of
the other installations I have seen round here. Gave their website a
quick poke but some links of interest to me failed 404 not found.

Now that the FIT scam has ended, panels should be cheaper.

But some (perhaps most) of the installers may well be on the edge of
going bust.

The small print says 'based on a monthly bill of £60 with a
£16.45 per KW hour cost of electricity'.

I think that rate would drive most people to switch ..

Someone has got the decimal point worng! (sic)

OTOH, with a smart meter that *could* become the rate for a short
time between 4PM and 7PM on a dark, still, foggy, frosty winter
evening.

Or perhaps only when harry is charging his car :-)