Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pancho Pancho is offline

Default smart meters

On 22/08/2019 12:05, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Pancho pretended :
12p and hour is about 900W.

Base level stuff in my house is about 100 Watts. That is
router,switches, WiFi standard stuff. Fridge and Freezer put it up to
about 250 W.

Perhaps he has a wife, I've heard they can be expensive, even on stand
by?

100w as a base load is still a helluva lot.

1 Modem, 1 Router, 1 Wifi access point, 4 Switches, 1 IP camera, 1 Radio
garage door opener, 4 Cordless phone chargers, 1 Headset charger, 1 TV
standby, 3 Raspberry Pi's, CH thermostat, 2 sets of PC speakers (one set
was about 8 watts when PC was off), Cooker standby, Microwave standby, 2
Pir lights and no doubt lots I have forgotten.

It easily adds up.

I think cost is about 1 £/watt/year. Given how rapidly technology
changes I'm dubious that paying for more efficient equipment would be
cost effective.