Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default My electrician is coming Thurs to install an additional 100A subpanel, and

wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 15:36:33 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
news
On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 22:02:55 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 19:30:57 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 07:58:01 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
news:el7rlelds1jvamhiajamel0fs8fe6hj748@4ax. com...
On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 14:28:03 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 17:51:39 GMT,
(Scott
Lurndal)
wrote:

the investment in panels
returned 30% the first year (federal tax break)

The "investment" didn't pay you back, the tax payers did ... with
borrowed money.

A point I was going to make; once again you beat me to the punch ;-)

Solar subsidies are welfare for the rich.

Not the rich so much as those who can afford to install them.

Excuse me, those rich enough to install them. That works.
It also excludes vast swaths of the population who either rent or who
couldn't come up with a thousand bucks if their life depended on it.
A huge percentage of Americans couldn't scratch together HALF of that
- - -

When my wife was selling A/C she was amazed at the number of people
living in gated communities in 3500 sq/ft houses with luxury cars in
the driveway who couldn't come up with $5000 and couldn't get a loan.

They must have been able to to get the luxury cars. They can't all be drug
dealers.

They were tapped out,

Dont believe that.

those weren't NEW Benzes but they were still paying for 2 more years on
them.

Dont buy that either with all of them.