Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slicing Stainless Rod

"David Billington" wrote in message

I make various parts with tube or solid bar up to about 12mm so a
bit smaller than what you're doing. I use a slitting saw mounted on
an arbor held in my lathe spindle and a fixture to hold the material
mounted in the lathe tool post. Once set-up I can accurately turn
out parts to close length tolerances and square. Sometimes I run
coolant sometimes I just apply it manually. Cutting is almost always
done with the power feed and I usually do 100+ items at a time.

Sounds interesting. Material, speed, feed, tool life?